Absolutely Heartbroken

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

feel for you darren, ive got 3 border dog pups that need working homes to go to. you can gladly have one if want, they will be 6wks this weekend all the best dave mac.

I wasn't after any particular work. He had just started to mark earths, go in bushes and i planned to try on the odd fox if i ever had the chance. He was my first ever dog so was happy just being out

You are not the first to make a mistake my mate as we have all done it, sometimes you get away with it and sometimes you don't, only takes a second to go wrong, I've lost 2 terriers on the road whilst

He was such a cracker. I feel like just packing the whole thing in. I am completely new to the dog game and it was lovely seeing im grow and come along. I've hunted since i was a kid but i just feel like after having him die in my arms how could i kill something now. House was empty thismorning when woke up, not a sound. He was from a good line from a man in wales and i dont know where to even go from here, which is the way forward.

Sad to loose a pup by accident like that.

Not sure after a pup dying by accident after getting hit by a car why you would question how you could kill something now? Pests need controlling and the countryside needs to be managed. The alternative is snaring, poison, trying to catch with not more than 2 hounds or shooting? Controlling with terriers to me is the most humane control technique.

Terriers and terrierwork can be a tough game without accidents. If it's for you get another but take your time and go after the best of breeding you can possibly get and watch out for spoofers as wasting nearly 2 years on a dog not work would break my heart even more.

Edited by Corkman
  • Like 4

Real shame mate, hopefully by the law of averages that will be your last loss for a fair old while.

As someone said to me many, many years ago, if your gonna have livestock, sooner or later your gonna have dead stock.

Chin up mate and atvb with your next one.

Cheers, D.

• Like 3

I think regarding the not killing anything it was just me being upset having had him die in my arms and just the feeling of jacking it all in. Arry reminded me of what a good life i had give him and that this should be my focus, and not to givr up on it all as that's the lifestyle that we all thrive on. This is a first for me and at 28 probably the worst experience I've ever had directly to me. Thanks for all your input blokes, the next one will be as spoilt as Ozzy was that's one thing i know for sure.

• Like 5

I think regarding the not killing anything it was just me being upset having had him die in my arms and just the feeling of jacking it all in. Arry reminded me of what a good life i had give him and that this should be my focus, and not to givr up on it all as that's the lifestyle that we all thrive on. This is a first for me and at 28 probably the worst experience I've ever had directly to me. Thanks for all your input blokes, the next one will be as spoilt as Ozzy was that's one thing i know for sure.

well said and the best of luck finding your new pup.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...