Thoroughly Delighted With My Webley Fx2000 .22

I think I`d better stay away from my RFD for a spell after reading this :laugh: .

I had an Excalibre on my mind last year but finding one in .177 was like finding a chicken with teeth.

So that`s Falcon, Excalibre and Webley Fx 2000 to have a hold of. :whistling::angel:

" Only saying like"

Great write ups Simon, cheered me up for work :good:

Not that difficult if you know where to look Mark

That looks like the thing that gave me a nosh about 8 years ago round the back of some pub in Mansfield :D

Yeah, it does look like a bloke doesn`t it :bad::rofl:

Did you feel that Earth Tremor mark? That was me falling backward of the computer chair laughing my now all lumpy head off.

All the very best for you and your matef

Edited by just-A-snap
  • Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me get straight to the point. Jesus this rifle is SERIOUSLY amazingly good. I mean it is magnificent. It handles and shoots absolutely beautiful. Despite being left handed and this is a right-ha

Not that difficult if you know where to look Mark?

Thanks Jimmy and everyone of you good lads for your responses.   Aye Jimmy, I'm coming round to PCPs with a renewed interest. But I am forever a spring rifle man first and foremost. Or more accurate

Posted Images

I think I`d better stay away from my RFD for a spell after reading this :laugh: .

I had an Excalibre on my mind last year but finding one in .177 was like finding a chicken with teeth.

So that`s Falcon, Excalibre and Webley Fx 2000 to have a hold of. :whistling::angel:

" Only saying like"

Great write ups Simon, cheered me up for work :good:

Not that difficult if you know where to look Mark

That looks like the thing that gave me a nosh about 8 years ago round the back of some pub in Mansfield :D

Yeah, it does look like a bloke doesn`t it :bad::rofl:

Whatever Mark... Ive seen your advert... :D

• Like 3

Let me get straight to the point. Jesus this rifle is SERIOUSLY amazingly good. :icon_eek: I mean it is magnificent. It handles and shoots absolutely beautiful. Despite being left handed and this is a right-handed gun. There are no problems with the grip.

And Christ, what accuracy! I've read on the net that these old Webleys were good guns but, I had no idea they were THIS good!

Helen being Helen wouldn't let me have the bloody thing out of the Gunshop in Woodhall Spa till my 60th Birthday had passed. But today, despite the high winds over my garden, I've bought another charging bottle with the adaptor fitted and that's that. I can't be arsed changing from Daystate to Webley and all that faff, so it's a complete kit.

Rifle, Tasco 6-24x40 scope, Whisper silencer and charging bottle and adaptor = £475 squid the lot. :hmm:

I had the rifle out in my hands for the first time and set to work. It came with a Tasco 6-24X40mm target scope and I set up with that. The rifle itself is in really lovely nick for its age.

Webley air rifles were always superbly well finished and this PCP lives up to that reputation. It's Beech with a lovely fully mellowed and aged rich deep figure of grain and very nice diamond chequering to grip and the rather pleasingly-rounded and chunky forestock. There's just a few minor nicks and light scrapes on the cheek-rest side (how come, if your mush is resting there??? Oh well) but the rifle as a whole is really lovely.

Someone has really looked after it and is probably bitterly regretting selling it right now. I'm never going to part with this beauty!

Filled it up to 190-bar and out for a pellet test and zero up.

It's putting Air Arms Field 5.52mm pellets (first pellet choice for test) clean through the hole of the first pellet at 25 metres range. An eight shot string from the magazine just bangs through the hole and leaves a slightly larger pellet hole! Then I was knocking out the last few apples left on my trees at 45 metres away. Trigger is set-up perfectly.

And it's full on-the-dot powerful.

It's going to be brilliant on roosting and feeding Woodpigeons and corvids in the woods and fields on my shoot.

There's another .22 shorter carbine-version FX2000 going for sale at MGR Guns of Woodhall Spa for about £350. I'd go bag it if I had the money for two!

Jamie/Rez, you'd be more than welcome to pop over to my cottage and see what you think and help me post some pics of it up here. The lads would like to see this rifle and an unbiased review of its performance I'm sure.

Philpot, Jimmy you can roll down here whenever you like too!

Seriously I think this one might tune up beautifully on my FAC. :hmm: And I'd love an RWS Excalibur version to go with it!

Cheers chaps.

Simon

I have literally just traded in the RWS Excalibre. If your quick take a look at SJ Fawcetts he wont have sold it on yet

ive just got the 22 lovely guns

Was a nice gun but I'm not a fan of the .22. Couldn't refuse it though I only paid £200 for it with the hard case and 2 mags. Traded it for the 510 only had to give £350 so got a brand new 510 for £550 I'm happy :boogy:

• Like 1