Done It Now!

Well after listening to all your good advice i've done completely the oposite and bought a HW97.

Second hand. Bit of a play with it today. 30 yards improving and ended up getting 6 pellets within 4 or 5 inches of each other. Did'nt start like that but improving, trying to keep concentration up.

Came with Bisley Magnums, apparently didn't like accupellets. Any tips to improve? Practice?

Cheers for all your advice

It's just practice, practice and more practice mate :yes:

I'd ditch the Bisley Magnums and go for a lighter pellet - JSB Exact, AA Field, JSB RS, AA Express, Falcon Accuracy Plus - these would all be a good place to start.

You've bought a quality bit of kit - it's well capable of 1/2" groups at 30yrds.

Put in the time and, above all, enjoy it :thumbs:

• Like 4

Its a 22. Where's best place to get cleaning kit?

Like the gun. Think this could be fun.

the Napier pull through kits are good but I refuse to pay 30quid

I use heavy fishing line to pull through 50mm square patches... works a treat and costs nowt!

there are loads of vids on youtube :thumbs:

Rez on here put me onto h&n FTT in .53 for my .22 97 and they work a treat!

enjoy your rifle, there an excellent bit of kit

atb si

• Like 2

Just thought this type of gun would last a lifetime. Maybe save up for a pcp when ive had a bit of fun with this one.

i'm told its v-mach tuned?

So, lighter pellet needed?

Thanks to all.

If you look after it, it will last a lifetime :yes:

Springers do usually like a lighter pellet.

I like .177 - I use 10.34gn JSB Heavies in my pcp and, 7.33gn Falcon Accuracy Plus in my springer.

It's always worth trying a few different pellets though - your rifle may well prefer a different pellet.

All part of the fun mate :thumbs:

• Like 3

Its a 22. Where's best place to get cleaning kit?

Like the gun. Think this could be fun.

the Napier pull through kits are good but I refuse to pay 30quid

I use heavy fishing line to pull through 50mm square patches... works a treat and costs nowt!

there are loads of vids on youtube :thumbs:

Rez on here put me onto h&n FTT in .53 for my .22 97 and they work a treat!

enjoy your rifle, there an excellent bit of kit

atb si

Tight git :laugh:

• Like 1

Shoot off of a bag that is on a stable surface. Make sure every shot is the same as possible, like where your hands are and your face fit on the stock. If you have to lift your face off of the stock to see down the scope then get a comb riser. I like these, cheap and do the job. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SLIP-ON-SMOOTH-NEOPRENE-COMB-RAISING-KIT-Shotgun-Rifle-GUN-BEARTOOTH-BROWN-/362005905460?hash=item54493bc034. I would try that before cleaning, I'm not a lover of cleaning. I've never cleaned my AA S410. Bought it second hand 9 years ago and it still shoots spot on. I've never cleaned my 6 year old CZ 452 22LR ether as I only shoot lead sub sonics in it and that is spot on also. You need a fine layer of lead to build up in the barrel and if you clean it you'll have to build up a layer again before it shoots to its best. I know some love a good cleaning.....but not me.

• Like 1