Most of you won't be aware of this unless you're deep into conspiracy theories but this month is the legal deadline for the release of all of the documentation surrounding J.F.K's assassination.

54 years after the event the remaining 3100 secret files, combined with clarification for the 30,000 partially pre-released documents are to be dumped onto the public. The plan was to release them over several months but because of 'processing delays' the new plan is to dump the entire contents into the public domain between now and October 26th which is the legal deadline. We'll finally have all the details although it'll take the internets finest detectives months if not years to assimilate the information.

There is one catch. President Donald Trump is the only man to have veto power on the release. He can shelve the whole thing and there is speculation in Washington that the powers that be want the documents re-classified for another 25 years.

The question is will we finally know the truth? Or will the worlds 'journalists' simply re-ignite speculation and half-truths over what 'really' happened by cherry-picking data to suit? :hmm:

Either way, it should be pretty interesting. Decent article on it from Politico here.

• Like 2

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All these years it's been a mystery,now by the time it reaches ten pages I can see THL cracking this case wide open ..I can't believe the CIA never contacted us sooner ..?

Just got the first leaked document

Either way. His wife was LUCKY to say the least that she wasn't hit.

Posted Images

One quote from that article sums it up for me........"Americans deserve to know the full truth............"

Agreed mate. I think the world does at this point as well! :laugh:

The really interesting footnote to all of this is that the full disclosure rests on The Donald. If he shelves it he'll be breaking his campaign promise about transparency in government. By releasing the information he'll certainly boost his popularity in all corners. I'd certainly have more respect for him.

The legend is interesting and compelling but the handling of it could make or break depending on your point of view. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Im still convinced in the one feasible theory it was an accidental killing by one of the secret service guys with an automatic rifle in the rear vehicle.

I think oswald did take pot shots at jfk and hit him, but the head shot i reckon was from a jolt of the rear vehicle and a panic struck agent qith a finger on the trigger.

cant remember all the ins and outs but when they got to hospital they rifles they carried were no longer there and since the incident they weren't issued. Not sure if this is still the case. But it would be a major embarresment if it was made public the very people sworn to protect him inadvertently killed him! Especially duringthe cold war pperiod when it was all about saving face and dick measuring.

Dont think it will be made public despite the orange potus plegdge of having a transparent presideny and being all for the american people.

• Like 1

One quote from that article sums it up for me........"Americans deserve to know the full truth............"

Agreed mate. I think the world does at this point as well! :laugh:

The really interesting footnote to all of this is that the full disclosure rests on The Donald. If he shelves it he'll be breaking his campaign promise about transparency in government. By releasing the information he'll certainly boost his popularity in all corners. I'd certainly have more respect for him.

The legend is interesting and compelling but the handling of it could make or break depending on your point of view. :thumbs:

We both know if he wasn't the president, he'd be baying for the release of these files, so I hope he stays true to himself ;-)

• Like 1

We both know if he wasn't the president, he'd be baying for the release of these files, so I hope he stays true to himself ;-)

Agreed again, mate. After he weighed in on the conspiracy regarding Ted Cruz's dad you'd think he'd want to be vindicated? :hmm:

lol 50 odd years and we now are supposed to believe what is in the files ok .. .more silly shite ,,

That's how these things work though isn't it? Anything that doesn't support conspiracy is thrown out as conspiracy!

Agreed again, mate. After he weighed in on the conspiracy regarding Ted Cruz's dad you'd think he'd want to be vindicated? :hmm:

lol 50 odd years and we now are supposed to believe what is in the files ok .. .more silly shite ,,

That's how these things work though isn't it? Anything that doesn't support conspiracy is thrown out as conspiracy!

the man is dead i remember it hapening he was shot in the bonce job done .the only truth is he is dead..

Now, I'm not saying Trump is to blame.......but I saw a bloke with a dodgy blonde Barnet on the Grassy Knoll.........so, Trump did it!!

Can I have a job at the Guardian now please?

the man is dead i remember it hapening he was shot in the bonce job done .the only truth is he is dead..

That's bollocks! We all know he's living in an Antarctic secret nazi base with 128 year old Hitler!

think princess diana is there aswell :laugh:

• Like 1

Now you say it, Josef Mengele is Trumps doctor.........he give him the flu jab last week.......

"Hello.....Guardian.......yes, page 1 of General talk......JFK thread........yep all my own work........political editor you say?.........that will do nicely !........I'll start tomorrow............if that b*****d Trump don't scatter leaves in the line"

Now, I'm not saying Trump is to blame.......but I saw a bloke with a dodgy blonde Barnet on the Grassy Knoll.........so, Trump did it!!

Can I have a job at the Guardian now please?

Ah but we have grainy footage to say it couldn't be him as the barnet would have thrown off his aim [cue YouTube montage]

• Like 1