Time To Put The Gun Away.

philpot

I don't know about you guys but we have the tail of this hurricane blasting the Lincolnshire Wolds which offered a challenge last night on a bunny hunt. The rabbits were out although nothing closer than 50-60mt and with the sky we had creating big shaddows, it was just not possible to get closer. Now I have no issues shooting at this range and quite bit bit further but the wind last night, OMG

My shooting partner, Chris, was walking with me looking into the Nite Site screen, that shot was underneath then to one side then over the top........................................and so the evening went on. Frustration, oh yes but at the same time we couldn't help laughing at what was going on. One rabbit had six shots all around him, we just left him laying on his back laughing his tits off :censored:

Normally we drive around the estate shooting from the car with several stops at some of the warrens on the farm estate but last night, the nearest rabbit from the car was 132mt and in that wind,,,,,no way. As we were driving off the farm in the last field was a single rabbit at 44mt and no wind in this sheltered corner so at least we did not go home with a completely empty game box.

The local police came round last night to talk about my FAC variation grant for a rimfire and with that sorted (I hope) on windy nights it will be the rimfire I take out and put the Impact away, FAC or not, that wind was just too much but as we are off to Suffolk for a couple of weeks, I felt the need to have one more session before we go.

My holiday is badly timed as well because the geese are hitting the stubble so no sooner have we shot our first geese of the season and a supply of new deeks on their way, and I won't be here to enjoy them. :hmm:

The variation should be here when I get back so I will be collecting my rifle shortly after that. Oh yes that reminds me I have to get an ammo/mag/bolt box to keep the police happy.

Time to prey for a drop in wind I think.

Phil

• Like 1

When you get your rimmy I think that the wind will help mate , just shoot into it , what you getting , 17/22lr? , you'll have great fun mate no matter what , just a waiting game now , and it's a pain in the arse , but worth it

Atb for the future

Best of luck pal

Dave

• Like 1

Cheers Dave, I have bought an Anschutz .22lr and confess I am really looking forward to picking it up.

Phil

Traitor in the airgun section , hang him , shoot him or off with his head

I say all three just to make sure :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 3

Cheers Dave, I have bought an Anschutz .22lr and confess I am really looking forward to picking it up.

Phil

Another one that will just pop in from time to time

just like our David

then there will be your self when you get yours

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

Phil

Another one that will just pop in from time to time

just like our David

then there will be your self when you get yours

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Oh ye of little faith Jimmy.

Jimmy

Get the forums filled in mate , yove got fec all to lose ,

Atb big fella

Im getting there David slowly but im getting there