Wellies

Like the grub stalkers £80 great sole vibran and good ankle support

Just got them myself- great soles on them, the old feet don't feel like they've been beaten with sticks lol after a few miles in them

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

should have got the £22 ones 7th pick down....like I advised.....fecking around with neoprean ...poof...jesus man you live in the east mids hardly have a frost ye fanny

Purofort are about the best i've found.they last me about 2 years on allday everyday.just got a pair of neroprene lined one's with chunky sole.£85

scroll down the page,,,,been using these solgnac things £24,99,,,glenarm 500,,,,lightweight i find them very comfy,,,,   all the top brands ive had ive killed,,,,fecking wasting £100,,,,,£150,,,,nev

Posted Images

All the Wellington manufacturers have us by the balls because they know we need them but the truth is that nowadays all Wellington boots are bad.

I wear wellies a few times every single day and how come a pair for 15 euro can last me 8 months (but I wouldn't like to wear them for 5 hours rough shooting) but a pair of 150 euro wont last 5 months.

Personally I think most expensive brand makers think we all stand at a peg shooting driven birds and the makers of the cheap brands think we mope around a yard mucking out a few ponies but nobody seems to make a good wearing affordable boot for those who spend hours walking in the countryside like they used too.

It pisses me off that there's no such thing as good wellies anymore.

most decent wellies have a 2 year warranty and if you get the right ones for your feet you can walk all day in them. I don't mind paying good money for comfy boots.

These are what I'm waiting for http://www.abbeydaledirect.co.uk/farming-products/wellies/aigle-parcours-2-enduro/ same as my last boots, £104 delivered that's £52 per year for quality comfy puncture resistant boots that I'm in a lot of the time. That seems cheap to me.

• Like 1

Just got them myself- great soles on them, the old feet don't feel like they've been beaten with sticks lol after a few miles in them

Very comfortable boot only down side I had was they only lasted me 8 months before they split on the crease were your toes bend.

take it you liked them just going to order another pair myself

take it you liked them just going to order another pair myself

Just back from doing an area (with BRIAN lol) thats as steep as it gets!! Their 100%

• Like 1

I tried Grubbs Stalkers, because they have Vibram soles. Can't remember why I didn't like them, but I went for Muck Tay instead, which were more comfy. The Muck boots only lasted a year and most of the time the grip was shite, won't get them again.

I went on a welly mission few weeks agp andi end said fcuk it an made do with my old boot's, i tried few diff pairs an they were either tight or uncomfortable, then wife brought in a pair a cheap wellys from Yorkshire trading, said if i didnt like em she would give em her ole man for winter coming in, they have zip up side so aint tight, i stuck pair a insoles in em an so far they been spot on, aint walked miles in em but have beem on me feet allday around farm yard a few times, and they been faultless, hope they stay that way and at 60 quid easy replacing them

I've got them same wellies there spot on had them 3 year and there still going strong although one of the zips snapped but still wearable
  • 9 months later...
On 14/10/2017 at 13:31, TOMO said:

scroll down the page,,,,been using these solgnac things £24,99,,,glenarm 500,,,,lightweight i find them very comfy,,,,

all the top brands ive had ive killed,,,,fecking wasting £100,,,,,£150,,,,never again.....

i do fancy trying those at £69,,,,the suppertrack reinforsed two rows down

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-883797-hunting-shoes-and-wellies

Off your advice I've bought a pair of solognac neoprene lined wellies. 45 quid and on first inspection seem every bit as good as 150 quid brands. Too cheap not to try.

PS if they fall apart what's your address for warranty claim? :D

• 3 months later...
On 13/08/2018 at 12:02, Born Hunter said:

Off your advice I've bought a pair of solognac neoprene lined wellies. 45 quid and on first inspection seem every bit as good as 150 quid brands. Too cheap not to try.

PS if they fall apart what's your address for warranty claim? :D

Update: pretty sure the right one is leaking already..... :doh:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Update: pretty sure the right one is leaking already..... :doh:

should have got the £22 ones 7th pick down....like I advised.....fecking around with neoprean ...poof...jesus man you live in the east mids hardly have a frost ye fanny

• Haha 3
11 minutes ago, TOMO said:

I don't have the 'natural insulation' that you do.... :D

I take it, your's are still going strong? I'm going to try to repair mine.