Wellies

I've worn wellies for more than 30 years, Hunter, Barbour, Dunlop, Aigle, Le Chamoue, Muck, HappyShopper etc etc.

Now I reckon all but a few, I think, have torn, ripped or split at some point before I had worn them out. Now more recently these wellies have been worn regularly, say 4 days or more a week. Although most decent wellies come with a 2 year guarantee, anything other than material or workmanship failure isn't covered. So new boots are needed £$£.

Because of this I started to use leather boots a lot more, but leather needs attention.

A few years ago I found these https://www.aigle.com/en_uk/parcours-2-end-5987.html I got mine for £99. They have an "anti-perforation reinforcement" I think it may kevlar or similar? These have give me over 3 years hard service and I do plenty brambles, fences and welly killing stuff.

I have recently worn these out, a stress split caused by plenty wear and tear. So I fancied something, different as you do. So I found these https://www.cho.co.uk/mens-c27/shoes-boots-trainers-c201/wellingtons-c936/traqueur-neo-mens-wellington-boot-p10481 no no neoprene gets to warm for me in the Spring/Summer, these

https://www.countryattire.com/le-chameau-men-s-traqueur-wellington-boots-green-chameau-bcb2021.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwyIHPBRAIEiwAHPS-GDSKM51OYgpNmHyZbgMdmSjWgUR9DjnMMc_ZNaA7DHrH_DLTyIqZkBoC66oQAvD_BwE

Kevlar reinforced.

Has anyone tried any of these or similar? I can't be the only one that wrecks boots and does a lot of miles.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

should have got the £22 ones 7th pick down....like I advised.....fecking around with neoprean ...poof...jesus man you live in the east mids hardly have a frost ye fanny

Purofort are about the best i've found.they last me about 2 years on allday everyday.just got a pair of neroprene lined one's with chunky sole.£85

scroll down the page,,,,been using these solgnac things £24,99,,,glenarm 500,,,,lightweight i find them very comfy,,,,   all the top brands ive had ive killed,,,,fecking wasting £100,,,,,£150,,,,nev

Posted Images

I recommended these on another site but everyone else reckons there not all that if ive got miles ahead of me i wear proper boots if not ive used aigle wellies and theyve lasted me ok only downside ive found is they can be abit tight round the calf ??

• Like 1

Like everything mate most things are not made as they used to be years ago, with such a competitive marketplace everyone is cutting costs to make the biggest margins, after having the same trouble as yourself with wellies not lasting no time at all i purchased a pair of these having been recommended them on here, cant fault mine so far, excellent sole and strong all around, give them a try.

Here

SINDASOX

• Like 1

I recommended these on another site but everyone else reckons there not all that if ive got miles ahead of me i wear proper boots if not ive used aigle wellies and theyve lasted me ok only downside ive found is they can be abit tight round the calf

Yeah they are fairly tight on the calves. I actually tore the back of the the Aigle Enduro's after about 1 year or so, I told them that I had bought these because of their reinforcing sales pitch and they were replaced pronto. The replacement lasted more than 2 years hence the more than 3 years quote.

Sindasox I do remember you having trouble with boots and me wondering if you name was your problem :laugh: .Those Dunlop jobs are they good for walking long distances in?

scroll down the page,,,,been using these solgnac things £24,99,,,glenarm 500,,,,lightweight i find them very comfy,,,,

all the top brands ive had ive killed,,,,fecking wasting £100,,,,,£150,,,,never again.....

i do fancy trying those at £69,,,,the suppertrack reinforsed two rows down

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-883797-hunting-shoes-and-wellies

• Like 2

scroll down the page,,,,been using these solgnac things £24,99,,,glenarm 500,,,,lightweight i find them very comfy,,,,

all the top brands ive had ive killed,,,,fecking wasting £100,,,,,£150,,,,never again.....

i do fancy trying those at £69,,,,the suppertrack reinforsed two rows down

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-883797-hunting-shoes-and-wellies

The reinforced ones look decent. When I pass a store I'll pop in to try some.

Well received my Chameau Traqueur today and they're are going back tomorrow.

The back of the boot at the heel is very straight unlike the Aigle Enduro's which are shaped to the heel. The straight heel on the Chameau's allow them to slip up and down a bit on my foot. This will lead to them eating my socks and by this I mean forcing my sock towards my toe. This ain't happening.

So I've gone back to The Aigle Parcour 2 Enduro's because I feel they are the best walking wellie boot out there.

I will go and try the Decatholon selection when I'm passing. I will pass my comment on those and may even get a pair at those prices (all tax deductible ;):D ).

Got a pair of they decathlon ones a salonago ones at 50 quid don't like them worse 50 quid I've spent lol

I was thinking of getting some whats the reason you don't like them if you don't mind me asking.
they squeak lol and no much support just shite lol
  • Like 1

All the Wellington manufacturers have us by the balls because they know we need them but the truth is that nowadays all Wellington boots are bad.

I wear wellies a few times every single day and how come a pair for 15 euro can last me 8 months (but I wouldn't like to wear them for 5 hours rough shooting) but a pair of 150 euro wont last 5 months.

Personally I think most expensive brand makers think we all stand at a peg shooting driven birds and the makers of the cheap brands think we mope around a yard mucking out a few ponies but nobody seems to make a good wearing affordable boot for those who spend hours walking in the countryside like they used too.

It pisses me off that there's no such thing as good wellies anymore.

• Like 1