Wheaten Greyhound

Does anybody own a quarter bred wheaten greyhound bitch that maybe would consider the possibility of mating her in the future to my genuine first cross wheaten greyhound dog??? I know its a long shot and I am aware of the roads we may have to go down to ensure the dogs aren't related amongst other things. As I say I know its a long shot but I'm just putting the feelers out there.

Does anybody own a quarter bred wheaten greyhound bitch that maybe would consider the possibility of mating her in the future to my genuine first cross wheaten greyhound dog??? I know its a long shot and I am aware of the roads we may have to go down to ensure the dogs aren't related amongst other things. As I say I know its a long shot but I'm just putting the feelers out there.

P.S that's NOT the dog on my profile pic.

It wouldn’t mater if they are related somewhere as there not close related ie brother an sister breeding if anything it would be better if they share the same blood line if there that good to breed of in the first place

It wouldn’t mater if they are related somewhere as there not close related ie brother an sister breeding if anything it would be better if they share the same blood line if there that good to breed of in the first place

I've heard of line breeding but isn't brother on sister a bit to close? I thought u needed 2 separate genes to avoid deformities, with brother on sister there would be a full gene missing and I've seen the offspring from this in the past with over and under shot jaws. Isn't line breeding to be done from the uncle or aunt??? Or have I totally misread your post? Or not have it right myself. Atb. Lance.

It wouldnt mater if they are related somewhere as there not close related ie brother an sister breeding if anything it would be better if they share the same blood line if there that good to breed of in the first place

I've heard of line breeding but isn't brother on sister a bit to close? I thought u needed 2 separate genes to avoid deformities, with brother on sister there would be a full gene missing and I've seen the offspring from this in the past with over and under shot jaws. Isn't line breeding to be done from the uncle or aunt??? Or have I totally misread your post? Or not have it right myself. Atb. Lance.
some people breed brother to sister but for line breeding sire to daughter or son to dam is better , plus the chances of you lining your dogs sister are slim, line breeding and inbreeding have its uses , but unless you cull hard you can end up with a load of shit

how you found the wheaton greyhound on the whole mate? and whats the stamina like in the dog?

how you found the wheaton greyhound on the whole mate? and whats the stamina like in the dog?

He's still only 10 months old but he is very game and relentless, took a bit longer than the average lurcher to teach basic commands, sit, stay, e.t.c but its all paying off now as he follows me everywhere and totally trusts me and his obedience is getting better each time were out, can't complain really, very similar to many bull crosses I've owned and worked in the past, very headstrong and easy to ruin at young age if just left and not done any training, but get it right and potentially you will have some dog in my opinion.

no never brother an sister breeding way to close!

no never brother an sister breeding way to close!

Yep I misread your post, lol. Happy hunting.

• Like 1