Fx Owners Customer Service.

Why do the so called "top end" airgun manufacturers or in some cases, financially appointed agents feel they can fob off the consumer?

It all looks good in glossy mags. Put on a good act at shows and events. Plant the seed with internet videos.

Anything to make you part with your hard earned.

Now don't get me wrong. There's good and bad in everything. Things get overlooked in the QC process. Parts fail. Things get broke in transit. All manner of things can go wrong with a new product.

Then there's the loyal consumer. "Never had a problem ". "Best thing since sliced bread". "She's a beauty" :laugh:

Certain airgun manufacturers have had initial teething problems with a new rifle. Poor QC. Defective parts etc. A lot of these issues are ironed out at the consumers expense. I.e. MK1. MK2. That's how these things work.

But can someone explain to me why the more "high end" outfits think they can fob you off the most whilst charging you a premium?

So. My pals got a new FX impact. All singing. All dancing. Extra this. Extra that!! After all he paid for it.

The thing shoots like a bag of shite :yes:

Chronos fine. Can't complain about the consistency.

Tried all the usual. Scope. Mounts. Silencer....etc etc.

Still wouldn't group. 1.5" with flyers at 25m.

The pellet manufacturers have had a bonus in sales whilst testing this rifle.

Off it goes back to FX under warranty. Clearly an issue for 2k of kit.

So a month later it comes back and a fault can't be found.

"We've changed a seal as a good will gesture"

Bench tested by them at 20m. Clamped solid and grouping with a 16mm spread. Shooting at 11.7.

Can't see what the problem is. Here's your gun back.

After receiving the gun back he ventures down to his club to test it and there's no improvement.

Until another impact owner suggests a barrel swap.

20m pellet on pellet. 30m same. 40m bang on.

How come this barrel issue wasn't flagged whilst testing?

He also complained about the mags sticking. Again they couldn't find an issue with the mags.

After getting everything back and trying his first test shots, his mag sticks. Again and again.

No problem here!

I don't consider this decent customer service. Particularly after all the reports of problems with these rifles. I hope someone from FX reads this and it spurs you on to sort your job out.

Why do the so called "top end" airgun manufacturers or in some cases, financially appointed agents feel they can fob off the consumer?

It all looks good in glossy mags. Put on a good act at shows and events. Plant the seed with internet videos.

Anything to make you part with your hard earned.

Now don't get me wrong. There's good and bad in everything. Things get overlooked in the QC process. Parts fail. Things get broke in transit. All manner of things can go wrong with a new product.

Then there's the loyal consumer. "Never had a problem ". "Best thing since sliced bread". "She's a beauty" :laugh:

Certain airgun manufacturers have had initial teething problems with a new rifle. Poor QC. Defective parts etc. A lot of these issues are ironed out at the consumers expense. I.e. MK1. MK2. That's how these things work.

But can someone explain to me why the more "high end" outfits think they can fob you off the most whilst charging you a premium?

So. My pals got a new FX impact. All singing. All dancing. Extra this. Extra that!! After all he paid for it.

The thing shoots like a bag of shite :yes:

Chronos fine. Can't complain about the consistency.

Tried all the usual. Scope. Mounts. Silencer....etc etc.

Still wouldn't group. 1.5" with flyers at 25m.

The pellet manufacturers have had a bonus in sales whilst testing this rifle.

Off it goes back to FX under warranty. Clearly an issue for 2k of kit.

So a month later it comes back and a fault can't be found.

"We've changed a seal as a good will gesture"

Bench tested by them at 20m. Clamped solid and grouping with a 16mm spread. Shooting at 11.7.

Can't see what the problem is. Here's your gun back.

After receiving the gun back he ventures down to his club to test it and there's no improvement.

Until another impact owner suggests a barrel swap.

20m pellet on pellet. 30m same. 40m bang on.

How come this barrel issue wasn't flagged whilst testing?

He also complained about the mags sticking. Again they couldn't find an issue with the mags.

After getting everything back and trying his first test shots, his mag sticks. Again and again.

No problem here!

I don't consider this decent customer service. Particularly after all the reports of problems with these rifles. I hope someone from FX reads this and it spurs you on to sort your job out.

Had the same problem with the Kral puncher 28 yrds spot on pellet on pellet cracking rifle i say,d to my self

29yrds ,,,,,,and so on like a shot gun in fact a shot gun grouped better ,,,honest

I tried every thing turned her up re,crowned her no matter what i did to her she stayed the same 28yrds spot on then off

gave up on her and gave her to CC for a lad just starting off Tim did what he could but just the same and it was down to the barrel .

not in the same league as fx but this was a new rifle just the same .

Mind it was second hand to me but only a few weeks old and i thought i could sort it my self so did not take it back

so that was down to me not Kral.

But my point is WHY DO THEY SEND THEM OUT LIKE THIS .

WHETHER ITS FX OR KRAL OR HW SO ON AND SO ON ALL THEY SEEM TO CARE ABOUT IS THE MONEY

EVEN AA ARE TURNING OUT SOME SHIT AT THE MOMENT GONE IS THE OUT THE BOX AND GO SHOOTING

WHAT IS IF ANY GOOD OUT THE BOX NOW,ER DAYS ,

FILL THE BANK ACCOUNT IS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT AND FECK THE CUSTOMER .

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I've got an fx wildcat that gets used in all conditions -5 in the snow to blazing sunshine never had a problem, its had thousands of pellets put through it

and I think I've cleaned it properly once... think its down to it being basic as feck, it looks the part but its caveman simple!

the impact on the other hand is juggling act and a complete waste of money sub 12

the mags are tensioned all wrong, some are snappy as hell some slack as sh1t and this makes a difference in deforming skirts and causing jambs.. your pellets

have to be spot on!

regarding returns and after sales... I have the streamline too, the reg jammed up and resulted in it dumping air after about a week!

so I called the phone number on the box and the lass said take it back to the shop so I did!

I dropped it in on Friday but it wasn't picked up till Monday.... they have a currier who drives round England picking up fecked fx's :whistling:

it was back at the shop ready for me to pick up on Thursday, there was a note saying blaaa blaaa... no charge!!! to witch I thought is should :censored: hope so..

its been faultless since then.

so they do have a reasonable follow up service

but a £1600 rifle in a jig at 20m should print a one hole group the size of the pellet!

think you should abuse your authority for your mate and send a letter back in the box saying what you do and that you'll be voicing your opinion loudly!

there qc has turned to sh!t since all these bs yank target competitions started and the uk is at the bottom of the pecking list!

hope you/your mate get it sorted

atb si

That really is just bad news with your pal's gun.

I had two Wildcats which took a shed load of pellets with no issues at all and my Impact is the best gun I have owned ...........................but...............it is FAC. The production of the Impact is something like 80%+ fac with the altered ones coming here at sub 12 and I do think these guns are designed for fac which is where the vast majority are sold. I have not heard of any issues with FAC versions although a barrel fault should never have got through.

Tell your pal to phone Simon at ASI and advise him of the barrel issue or of course Fredrick at FX, the owner of the company who is reported to be very proactive if someone has a problem. I am a big believer in going to the top and have done so in my business life, it is the best way to deal with the problem.

If he needs the contact details, let me know and I will get them for him.

Phil

I do not see any law makers going after any manufactures for not keeping in line with trades acts. Either with shoddy goods or costumer relations. To my mind it is because unless it affects one personally most do not give a monkeys, so like most other things it becomes the norm. Cyclists and Pavements, Cyclists and and Red Lights come to mind.

The answer to your question moxy. Why do the so called "top end" airgun manufacturers or in some cases, financially appointed agents feel they can fob off the consume?

To my mind it is because they can and do get away with it, until someone or something makes them not do so. Goods not as advertised, money back or change for new without any quibble, compensation paid for time spent away from legitimate owner if agreed to be fixed from new. That will either get them to pull their finger out or stop producing and selling to the UK market completely.

Somehow I do not think that will happen. You know like all those who say they will leave the UK if that Political Party they do not support comes to power or if we leave the EU.

I say turn off the lights and close the door on your way out.

Will they stop producing and selling to the UK market? For my money Absolutely not, even with any change to the UK gun laws. The UK is a very big market and to my mind one that is more or less docile and uncomplaining. Unlike the rest that are across from the English Channel. So money to be made, stop the easy flow of that then they will start being as they was years ago.
Respectful of their costumers.

All the very best for you and yours moxy, and all the very best for one and all