Not All Up For It.

Been working my black dog for a while now. Coming up to 6 year old not let me down. Dropped him in a stiff place last week. 2 hours of digging and he moves. Half an hour later he is out. Gutted isnt the word.

Ffs. Im gutted for you mate. 6 year old terrier thats a ball buster, id have thought I was on easy street with a 6 year old terrier graft wise. I know they can throw the towel in at anytime though, but a dog that hasnt let you down. Will you rest him up and try again, That would be my plan but then again maybe not if theyve threw the towel in once I be looking for mistakes all the time my confidence in the dog would be in my head all the time its a sore one mate.

Atb.

• Like 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A line without failures doesn't exist. Any man that says they exist should be pointed and laughed at.

The day I have to smoke a fox out is the day I'll pack the job in. Never heard so much shit in my life.

You fella are a first class clown.. i did not write this to slag off a line of dogs.. i wrote it because its what it is not all well bred entered correctly stuff are wired correctly ...thats it its na

Posted Images

Been working my black dog for a while now. Coming up to 6 year old not let me down. Dropped him in a stiff place last week. 2 hours of digging and he moves. Half an hour later he is out. Gutted isnt the word.

Ffs. Im gutted for you mate. 6 year old terrier thats a ball buster, id have thought I was on easy street with a 6 year old terrier graft wise. I know they can throw the towel in at anytime though, but a dog that hasnt let you down. Will you rest him up and try again, That would be my plan but then again maybe not if theyve threw the towel in once I be looking for mistakes all the time my confidence in the dog would be in my head all the time its a sore one mate.

Atb.

thats all i can do. Before hand i had confidence in him and could relax on a dig, this raises questions that probably wont be answered. Same as you said, rest him up and take him to the same spot.
  • Like 1

Atb.

thats all i can do. Before hand i had confidence in him and could relax on a dig, this raises questions that probably wont be answered. Same as you said, rest him up and take him to the same spot.

Well I hope it works out and the dogs back to his old self after a wee rest.

Best of luck?

• Like 2

Honest account StopEnd. We've all seen it, the good blood just put's the percentages more in our favour of getting a worker, but they never guarantee it. That's the game we're in.

And Pablo, words fail me sometimes.

words are on the old computer. The dogs are adverse to any of that
  • Like 1

The terrier that looks up or worst still .scrambles out continuously ,is of course headed for a short career but I’ve seen youngsters do it few times before they settle to work proper . I wouldn’t be writing off a young un based on that .However a decent terrier man can usually judge the dog by progressive digs .Ive had few that scrambled out on breakthrough in the past and it’s very frustrating when you’ve just had an hours dig to it . Once this starts its unfortunately unbreakeable in my experience .A tap with a spade may bring it about or the disire to be with the owner overriding the desire to fight /bay.They certainly do not all make the grade but breeding right and tight ups your chances of the real deal emerging .

• Like 3

Atb.

Mabye what he was after bolted??

Atb.

Mabye what he was after bolted??
definitely didnt, could hear the quarry still there. All i can do is rest him up and visit the place again some time.
  • Like 2

I dont see the point in taking the dog to the same place hoping for a different result Rob, no two digs are ever the same I think.

whats your reason not to? I know its not gunna be the same dig but itll give the dog plenty of time under the sod.
  • Like 1

Same place? If a dog failed, there would be another terrier capable to sort the mess out entered. It's no joke when your preventing the loss off game birds from predators on estates, or any ground you've been given permission to do your duty. You can't walk away and go, ah well me dog jacked there but the vermin is still at large. Come back in a few weeks time and help you out mate. Hardly

And what about if there isn't another capable terrier there?

Then use a molesmoke bomb LOL's, I've used these in rock cairns up on the high hills where you would never put a terrier in due to many being lost in the past, we've used them when not having a terrier with us in normal earths with mixed success bolting to a lurcher or gun, more than one way to get the job done on keepered land, its all about the result not pure terrierwork, always other options !!!