Not All Up For It.

Got a call of a man lastnight telling me about his young terrier.. a well bred wee dog of a well established line... back at start of august i was out shooting over rape seed for a farmer on my own... anyway after hours of shooting i noticed the pigeons veering off to bottom of field to my left so decided to shift hide net down bottom of field and shoot a few more..on way down a fox comes out of rapeseed in front of me heading to a wee line of trees in front beside burrows i know..so i dropped the gear and fired 2 shots at it with only thing i had..no7s..missed it and it went to ground.

So straight on fone to this fella who was telling me about a dog he had so i rung him.. bring terrier and stuff just fired at a fox missed it and watched it go to ground..explained where and he said he wouldnt be long.. so that tree line is where i sat and shot 5 more pigeons while waiting.. then i see him coming down the drills... terrier entered and on.. 1.2m... sweet give 15 mins to make sure they settled and fox wasnt going to bolt... opened up and dog is working fox but ive seen it manys a times even with terriers that i myself had in the past which never made the grade in the end up..he kept looking up.. anyway fox was accounted for i didnt mention what i had seen but he didnt notice... dog was left until sept 17 he was used as a fox was encountered on some of his own permission.

Dog came off and an older dog had to account for the fox by bolting it to a gun. Sunday they were asked to check cover for a farmer and a fox made it to ground just as hounds found.. so dog was tried spoke and came off...again the waited silent to see if fox would bolt.. fox never showed so after 20 mins went to transport got a 16 month old pup first time and had to him at 0.7 and fox was accounted for...the other dog was reared correctly and entered correctly.. 36 months with only 14 hand picked burrows for youngsters.. so dog is now living with his sister as pet.. the season has just started and phesants are open in NI.. so plenty of shooters walking ditches making them not lie out so much so we shall see what the season brings...

• Like 2

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A line without failures doesn't exist. Any man that says they exist should be pointed and laughed at.

The day I have to smoke a fox out is the day I'll pack the job in. Never heard so much shit in my life.

You fella are a first class clown.. i did not write this to slag off a line of dogs.. i wrote it because its what it is not all well bred entered correctly stuff are wired correctly ...thats it its na

Posted Images

Got a call of a man lastnight telling me about his young terrier.. a well bred wee dog of a well established line... back at start of august i was out shooting over rape seed for a farmer on my own... anyway after hours of shooting i noticed the pigeons veering off to bottom of field to my left so decided to shift hide net down bottom of field and shoot a few more..on way down a fox comes out of rapeseed in front of me heading to a wee line of trees in front beside burrows i know..so i dropped the gear and fired 2 shots at it with only thing i had..no7s..missed it and it went to ground.

So straight on fone to this fella who was telling me about a dog he had so i rung him.. bring terrier and stuff just fired at a fox missed it and watched it go to ground..explained where and he said he wouldnt be long.. so that tree line is where i sat and shot 5 more pigeons while waiting.. then i see him coming down the drills... terrier entered and on.. 1.2m... sweet give 15 mins to make sure they settled and fox wasnt going to bolt... opened up and dog is working fox but ive seen it manys a times even with terriers that i myself had in the past which never made the grade in the end up..he kept looking up.. anyway fox was accounted for i didnt mention what i had seen but he didnt notice... dog was left until sept 17 he was used as a fox was encountered on some of his own permission.

Dog came off and an older dog had to account for the fox by bolting it to a gun. Sunday they were asked to check cover for a farmer and a fox made it to ground just as hounds found.. so dog was tried spoke and came off...again the waited silent to see if fox would bolt.. fox never showed so after 20 mins went to transport got a 16 month old pup first time and had to him at 0.7 and fox was accounted for...the other dog was reared correctly and entered correctly.. 36 months with only 14 hand picked burrows for youngsters.. so dog is now living with his sister as pet.. the season has just started and phesants are open in NI.. so plenty of shooters walking ditches making them not lie out so much so we shall see what the season brings...

nice write up.they all wont work.at least he got enough chances.lads are shooting ducks off drains down here putting foxes back in cover.plenty about

Well in for your days out and that. But that dog starting off like that sounds poor and not worth bothering with as a worker (you know yourself). You'd most definitely say the something ain't right in that breeding lol

You fella are a first class clown.. i did not write this to slag off a line of dogs.. i wrote it because its what it is not all well bred entered correctly stuff are wired correctly ...thats it its nature.. a true man who loves his terriers is gutted when a terrier of any line decides its not up to a working kennell..

They thrive on their terriers being happy.

Folk like you and a few others seem to have no work for terriers or yourself and love drama fs.

• Like 9

Well in for your days out and that. But that dog starting off like that sounds poor and not worth bothering with as a worker (you know yourself). You'd most definitely say the something ain't right in that breeding lol

You fella are a first class clown.. i did not write this to slag off a line of dogs.. i wrote it because its what it is not all well bred entered correctly stuff are wired correctly ...thats it its nature.. a true man who loves his terriers is gutted when a terrier of any line decides its not up to a working kennell..

Folk like you and a few others seem to have no work for terriers or yourself and love drama fs.

That's Your Opinion and it's amusing. I only said that because what sprung to mind is good dogs that I truly know off , Don't have that fault, and the ones that don't make it don't make it because of this. But I have heard about what you said happened with guys dogs and the was never good enough. The told me that themselves and they had high hopes for them

That's Your Opinion and it's amusing. I only said that because what sprung to mind is good dogs that I truly know off , Don't have that fault, and the ones that don't make it don't make it because of this. But I have heard about what you said happened with guys dogs and the was never good enough. The told me that themselves and they had high hopes for them
lads any dog of any line can jack or walk.seen it mesef last season dog in his third season came out n said nothing home.dug another dog.dog that came away was off a well known line.I see littter mates dug last season and this.ther no pup guaranteed. They all wont work its that simple
  • Like 3

lads any dog of any line can jack or walk.seen it mesef last season dog in his third season came out n said nothing home.dug another dog.dog that came away was off a well known line.I see littter mates dug last season and this.ther no pup guaranteed. They all wont work its that simple
True ss

True. But you'd wonder the way that it did or other dogs ?. Or if one ever started to do it to ground. But something that sounds like it hasn't got it in that way to work won't get better and it make you think ,

A line without failures doesn't exist. Any man that says they exist should be pointed and laughed at.

they'd laugh and wouldn't give ya the time of the day about a dog like that ( experienced men). What use is that type of dog ?