Old Time Ravers Lol

Just had a phone call, this is on tonight chaps http://www.coronettheatre.co.uk/events/30-years-of-acid-house-uk/ decent line up, should be a few faces pulled there tonight, if not a few heart attacks :icon_eek:

My pal rang me about an hour ago to see if I fancied that one.He is good mates with Colin Dale and Evil Eddie Richards.He used to bring them down to Kent to play at parties that we were putting in in the early 90s.They couldn't believe what a load of crazy fuckers we were when they first came down to play at a party we did in a massive barn.I think they were expecting a load of carrot crunchers all line dancing.
  • Like 1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sadly clubing has changed,,,all every body wants now is to pay £500 for a table...be seved by a waitress ,,with oversized bottles of greygoose or belverdeer with a light in the bottom ,,,,so pretentio

That was definitely part of the reason things changed during our time, but other factors like music changing, new trendy clubs that brought back dress codes........a lot of those clubs became more abo

tiesto playing in amnisia ibiza on a sat night,,,,was some sound,,,,was like some devine moment...especialy with a few mitsubishis...

Posted Images

Did anyone go to the fridge or Lydd watersports in the late 90's - early '00's? They were our places, almost like a family. The after parties were something else, number of times we realised we'd brought a random person all the way back to sussex by accident was unbelievable. Always seemed like a good idea at 6 am, just not so much 12 hours later when they trying to work out how to get home lol

Got down lydd quite a bit in the mid/laye 90s.A really good mate of mine used to play a lot down there.

Who was your mate?

Doves

Supermen

Mitsubishi's

Wow. I still get goose bumps thinking about the good old days and when I hear certain tunes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I'm sure I've done permanent damage lol

forgot about doves,we used to do the mitsubishi turbo's (thicker then the normal mitsubishi's)

£20 each but we used to take the dealer to pick them up so always got 2/3 for free.

By the time the mitzi's were about 96ish we were paying tenners or 2 for £15

if you remember the 90's you wasn't really there.

yeah,96 the year i left school.clubs wasn't too bothered about ID then.if you were big enough your allowed in.

anybody go to the country club nr yeovil.?

I went to the country club once. Mega loud sound system and mega dodgy people hanging about. The trend seemed to be hugging the speakers!!!!
I never went but country club was up clay pigeon wasn't it ,halfway between Yeovil and Dorchester.of remember going to the nightclub in Dorchester an the girls were all on ketamine pulling faces lol

i've never done ketamine,not sure if i ever want another ''come down'' again.done loads of meow weow few years back and that was the worst.put me right off.

just coke and weed nowadays till THL rave night anyway.

Did anyone go to the fridge or Lydd watersports in the late 90's - early '00's? They were our places, almost like a family. The after parties were something else, number of times we realised we'd brought a random person all the way back to sussex by accident was unbelievable. Always seemed like a good idea at 6 am, just not so much 12 hours later when they trying to work out how to get home lol

Got down lydd quite a bit in the mid/laye 90s.A really good mate of mine used to play a lot down there.

Who was your mate?

Who was your mate?

Who was your mate?

Charlie C

Just had a phone call, this is on tonight chaps http://www.coronettheatre.co.uk/events/30-years-of-acid-house-uk/ decent line up, should be a few faces pulled there tonight, if not a few heart attacks :icon_eek:

My pal rang me about an hour ago to see if I fancied that one.He is good mates with Colin Dale and Evil Eddie Richards.He used to bring them down to Kent to play at parties that we were putting in in the early 90s.They couldn't believe what a load of crazy fuckers we were when they first came down to play at a party we did in a massive barn.I think they were expecting a load of carrot crunchers all line dancing.
Good line up ....where's me whistle ....they will be all asleep for midnight lol

Good line up ....where's me whistle ....they will be all asleep for midnight lol
just having a cuppa waiting for my mate to pick me up for it now.Got a couple of decent little mateys that I've been saving for over 6months so I should be fine staying awake.Just making sure there's no razor blades in the house cause I'll be suicidal from Monday till about wednesday
  • Like 2

just having a cuppa waiting for my mate to pick me up for it now.Got a couple of decent little mateys that I've been saving for over 6months so I should be fine staying awake.Just making sure there's no razor blades in the house cause I'll be suicidal from Monday till about wednesday
Wednesday lol was always the worst... Have a good one mate and rave safe :thumbs:

Not getting to excited about it as these sort of things are normally a let down bit it's less than an hour away my mates offered me a free ticket and a lift so I'll give it a go.Funny thing is I could have gone and seen Leftfied at paradiso in Amsterdam Thursday night and all it would have cost is half the petrol money there but decided not to as I couldn't really afford to take Thursday and Friday off work.Now I'll probably end up having Monday and Tuesday off lol.

• Like 2

I feel afraid for ya :icon_eek::D

He's probably in there now, doing the Electric Boogaloo.

Did you survive downsouth??

I remember Charlie C playing but never knew him.

He ain't up yet! He probably ain't even down :icon_eek::blink::D:boogy:

edited to say he was still about at 9.26am

may be he got stood up, or more than likely he hadn't been asleep.