Old Time Ravers Lol

fk it did i miss the 90,s what happnd ? oh well i remember the late 80,s not too much tho :Dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiPijKHP2qU

I have both of those records. Started my party days at the dawn of Acid House. Shoom, The Wag ("Summer of Love" me thinks), Camden Palais, Future and Spectrum to name a few. I was well involved :blink:

Feck I'm old.

I went to shoom once just before it shut down and had some good night's at Astoria around 91ish
  • Like 1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sadly clubing has changed,,,all every body wants now is to pay £500 for a table...be seved by a waitress ,,with oversized bottles of greygoose or belverdeer with a light in the bottom ,,,,so pretentio

That was definitely part of the reason things changed during our time, but other factors like music changing, new trendy clubs that brought back dress codes........a lot of those clubs became more abo

tiesto playing in amnisia ibiza on a sat night,,,,was some sound,,,,was like some devine moment...especialy with a few mitsubishis...

Posted Images

Oscars all nighters on clacton pier in the early to mid 90's were as good as it got for me. Where else could you drop an E & feel the floor bouncing, watch the sea, meet people from Cornwall to Glasgow, ride on a fairground waltzer & chill out stroking a stingray all in one night? Magic times for sure......:-)

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

Lol oscars was good not gonna lie. you remember roomers in clacton mate

Yes. I spent more time than I should of in clacton. It was just up the road from me. My brother-in-law was head doorman at the Rockinghorse for many years.......which was real spit & sawdust!

....but Oscars in those early days really captured the spirit of the rave scene....;-)

This thread stirs up some memories for me!! Tinged with a little depression as i will never get them days back.. Such an enjoyable and liberating period in my life.... The institute and the que club in birmingham, the sanctuary in MK, bagleys in kings cross to name a few.

Me and my mates were committed travelling ravers, seems a lifetime away now. Family, mortgage etc makes me feel trapped when i think about them days.

BUT, all good things come to an end and we must grow a little more sensible when we get older(not to much though), family life suits me now but id give a lot to be back there now just for one night with youth on my side

• Like 3

This thread stirs up some memories for me!! Tinged with a little depression as i will never get them days back.. Such an enjoyable and liberating period in my life.... The institute and the que club in birmingham, the sanctuary in MK, bagleys in kings cross to name a few.

Me and my mates were committed travelling ravers, seems a lifetime away now. Family, mortgage etc makes me feel trapped when i think about them days.

BUT, all good things come to an end and we must grow a little more sensible when we get older(not to much though), family life suits me now but id give a lot to be back there now just for one night with youth on my side

I really like the Custard factory in Birmingham..........none of that dress code bullshit, though I quite liked Ms Moneypennys as well...;-)

I really like the Custard factory in Birmingham..........none of that dress code bullshit, though I quite liked Ms Moneypennys as well...;-)

Following on from the rave scene i was a sometimes weekly visitor to the custard factory when the club bit was called the medicine bar. It was a very early venue for the emerging breakbeat scene. Stanton warriors, freestylers, plump djs etc. They would drain the pond, put a marquee over it and party all night. A lovely friendly place to go when the rave scene was being infected by moody tossers and mc's who you couldnt understand. The resident, dj kahuna played an unbelievably good set every week without fail

• Like 2

fk it did i miss the 90,s what happnd ? oh well i remember the late 80,s not too much tho :D

https://youtu.be/g2gXugChk70

I have both of those records. Started my party days at the dawn of Acid House. Shoom, The Wag ("Summer of Love" me thinks), Camden Palais, Future and Spectrum to name a few. I was well involved :blink:

Feck I'm old.

lol spectrum on mon land of oz on fri , future on a thurs,,camden oh wow hell of a weekend back then what about rave at the cave old kent road with chalky white :victory: nearly forgot the sound shaft a few yards up from charing x now that was a serious place

Edited by green lurchers

Following on from the rave scene i was a sometimes weekly visitor to the custard factory when the club bit was called the medicine bar. It was a very early venue for the emerging breakbeat scene. Stanton warriors, freestylers, plump djs etc. They would drain the pond, put a marquee over it and party all night. A lovely friendly place to go when the rave scene was being infected by moody tossers and mc's who you couldnt understand. The resident, dj kahuna played an unbelievably good set every week without fail

I'd almost forgot it was called the Medicine bar :-) My mate lived & worked in Birmingham & that place was one of our favourites for a while. I sat round that pond quite a lot & I remember the security were relaxed ;-)

• Like 1

I'd almost forgot it was called the Medicine bar :-) My mate lived & worked in Birmingham & that place was one of our favourites for a while. I sat round that pond quite a lot & I remember the security were relaxed ;-)

I dare say we brushed shoulders mate, amazing place- good times!!

• Like 1