Left To Rot In The Feild

Went out this morning after finishing night shift for walk around some fields next to where i live seen six dead rabbits in one field and two dead long ears two fields over all of them shot in the head and left to rot what a bellend leaving good meat to rot

Edited by Rusky1984

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have you been walking on foxdroppers permission ........

Spot on BH, but as long as I live I'll have a big problem with anyone who leaves edible game behind and dead vermin where it might be seen by the wrong sort. In this day and age every single one of u

Great shame to waste stuff like that. I had one fall out me ruck sack the other night I spent an age wandering around trying to find it but no way was I leaving with out it lol. Dog thought I had lost

Posted Images

Great shame to waste stuff like that. I had one fall out me ruck sack the other night I spent an age wandering around trying to find it but no way was I leaving with out it lol. Dog thought I had lost the plot wandering around lamping the floor

Hard enough to find in the first place. I got it in the end

Edited by terryd
  • Like 5

Not making excuses could just be dumped as indicated or gone off with the warm weather before cleaned and taken home or stink pile set up for a fox or just seen as vermin to get rid of maybe damage to forestry or crops contractor at work not everyone kills for meat just saying not everything is as it seems.

• Like 1

I used to ferret a farm in Northants, it was a good place to start the season with young pugs,a few easy burrows that always had a bunny or two in, iv walked and run my dogs for over 30 years and taken coney, hare, Fox, munty, up until last year that is, farmers daughter married nice fire man who now shoots over it. He as shot every hare, coney, partridge, pheasant, Fox on the land. He leaves piles of game to rot. I have found over a dozen pheasant and several partridge and hares just dumped in Heage row. He shoots fox then leaves them hanging on gates. This is what gives field men, women a bad name

It gives the antis amo, I walked the farm last week and didn't see any game just rooks, what a shame, and shame on him. Quicker these folk leave field sports the better. Atb j

• Like 4

Reality is that when shooting such things stops being sport or a wild harvest and becomes simply control, leaving them for the carrion eaters is no different to leaving dead rats about, they're unwanted and killing them is just a necessity. It just ain't worth the hassle finding an outlet for a couple brace of rabbits every so often. It doesn't fit well with the 'countryman' ethic but it's just part and parcel of controlling agricultural pests. If you keep on top of these things by always having the rimmy in the truck you'll not be shooting big bags and the few brace you do shoot every so often you take what you want and can shift easily and leave what you don't. It's just control.

I've been there before, a keeper heaping it on for me to get out every day I'm not working to ferret his shoot only to walk about seeing dead rabbits strewn all over the field from the night before and now empty warrens. It's disheartening, especially seeing as at the time I hadn't a marking dog and I used all the rabbits I caught.

Wouldn't it be brilliant if food banks and homeless shelters willingly accepted donated fresh game?

Some of course just want to kill them, control just being an excuse.

• Like 4