Dove Advert Racist?

Ad people are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Most adverts on telly now seem to suggest that 90% of families in the UK are mixed race. There's an advert of a chinese woman picking up a white baby, there was a Xmas ad last year with a family that were somehow white, black and asian and nothing in between and the McDonalds adverts suggest every group of friends grabbing a burger consists of white, black, brown and yellow guys and every family that goes there is black. This is to keep the terminally offended happy by including one of every race in every advert. There's even adverts with homos kissing.

Won't be long before they will say these ads are suggesting that black people only eat in McDs and that's somehow offensive.

I don't really have any views on the dove advert, but if the people were put in a different order with the white woman first, that would be wrong to some people no doubt.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's giving black women false hope   How many feel conned after rushing out to buy the soap only to be left disappointed at still being black

I have only seen complaints about the black woman being turned white,havent seen any whites feeling aggrieved to turn into a Latina

A prominent black activists apparently ....

Posted Images

Thye black woman in the advert was just on sky news,she said people are overthinking and taking the ad out of context,if she aint bothered why is anyone else finding the ad offensive :laugh:

She is spot on, thank f**k for that, a sensible positive voice and forget her skin colour !

I genuinely wouldn't have give it a second thought if I had seen it before I read this thread.

• Like 1

If folk didnt make race an issue then it wouldn't be an issue !!.......people would just sort themselves out and save everyone a lot of bother and a lot of money !

• Like 1

Stuff that, I'm boycotting Dove and breaking the carbolic out. If people go looking for racism they'll find it anywhere. Social media has a lot to answer for giving any fringe group or lunatic a much bigger voice.

• Like 1

Seem to remember Michael did the old morphing races thing on the black or white video :hmm:

Can't see the fuss nowadays. It's like a kid with a scratch. It doesn't notice it until you point it out, then it hurts. Same thing, people go on and on about injustice this and injustice that and then everybody is looking for the scratch, feeling the pain.

Edited by mushroom