Of Interest... Perhaps.

To be honest, I reckon it'll happen sooner or later.

The agenda seems to have swung very anti in the last 20 or so years - I used to be able to walk off the estate, along a main road, to a public woods, with my old Mercury Challenger on a sling when I was a kid - a couple of the old folks used to ask for a pigeon when I was on the way back home.

No one batted an eyelid.

If I have to get a license, I'll probably end up with a .17hmr, some sort of .22 and a couple of shotguns - I can't see the point in pissing about for a sub 12 air rifle.

• Like 4

I agree that it is only a matter of time before a license will be issued for airguns. I do not have an issue with this as I have a license for my shotguns and FAC so one more won't bother me BUT my only concern is that any new law passed, should have been discussed and detailed with the shooting associations so that we are not faced with regulations that do not take into account of what the guns are used for by legitimate users.

It is time for everyone to be members of BASC or NSRA to cover their activity which will in turn give the members chance to voice their views to their chosen association and get the representation that we will all need in order to continue to enjoy our sport.

Just my own thoughts.

Phil

• Like 1

The agenda seems to have swung very anti in the last 20 or so years - I used to be able to walk off the estate, along a main road, to a public woods, with my old Mercury Challenger on a sling when I was a kid - a couple of the old folks used to ask for a pigeon when I was on the way back home.

No one batted an eyelid.

If I have to get a license, I'll probably end up with a .17hmr, some sort of .22 and a couple of shotguns - I can't see the point in pissing about for a sub 12 air rifle.

Thats a decent point Jon. Maybe it could kill off the airgun industry a tad... Me too... but I doubt my land owners would want it. So there could be a life line for airguns sub 12...

• Like 1

No one batted an eyelid.

Thats a decent point Jon. Maybe it could kill off the airgun industry a tad... Me too... but I doubt my land owners would want it. So there could be a life line for airguns sub 12...

Im thinking of doing it any way rez

and be done with the air rifles all together

all ready had a chat with the fao at the shooting show about a few things

and very helpful was he

so it may just be a go for me

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

No one batted an eyelid.

Im thinking of doing it any way rez

and be done with the air rifles all together

all ready had a chat with the fao at the shooting show about a few things

and very helpful was he

so it may just be a go for me

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hmmm. For me, I know my landowners wouldn't want me too... Thats what got me the permissions originally - They think... "Its just an airgun"... its safe [within reason of course], quiet and Im basically un-noticeable when Im around the lands.

Id like to get a firearm, most defiantly, but dont really need one and would only use it on paper at the range which would be a waste.

• Like 2

Well I am inclined to agree that a number of people will go for FAC as I did myself. I have been very happy with FAC Air but just awaiting for my variation to come back as I have a rimfire .22 on hold at the RFD.

Phil

I think I would. Extra punch is always good but still as discreet.

• Like 1

From the shotgun perspective boys, you do not need any land to own a shotgun, you just need to meet the criteria of a suitable person, clay pigeon shooting is perfectly adequate a reason to own one, and I suspect if you have a SGC a sub 12 air rifle ticket would automatically be granted, as for FAC, providing your ground is passed suitable for the calibre you are applying for, or above, and you meet the required standard, then there is no reason why you cant have whatever you want, most large farms are passed for .22rf and many way above, all you need do to find out is ring the local FLD give them the address of the land/farm and ask what calibre the land is passed up to, most people start with a .22rf and then move up, as in Philpots case, 6 months of .22rf use will see him applying for a .222 .223 .22-250 or .243, etc I can feel him grinning as I type this :yes:

• Like 1

Let them talk in committee then in what ever place that they want to talk in. Let them find ways to spend more money and to claim even more expenses Let them pay back a little to those who sponsor them in more ways than most will ever know. We are not as corrupt as those banana republics, are we?

If it happens then it happens, if I do not pass then I do not pass. I for one will not spend the remaining time that The Good Lord has allocated to me shouting about it.

Calm down dear it is only an advert. Life is more than that.

Well also like those I am better than you, have the online petitions. If all else fails then handing over ones rifles to a friend - s with a licence will get around any problems.

All the very best for one and all.

I don't see how they could enforce it anyway. How many thousands of airguns have changed hands over the years? Do they all have serial numbers? Even if they do, there's no list of who owns what unless they are FAC.

I don't think they'd go ahead with it as they'd realise people who could be bothered to apply for an airgun certificate would probably say sod it and apply for a powder burner at the same time and I don't think the risk-averse process monkeys would like that.