What Rifle And Calibre Do You Think Best For Vermin Shooting?

Personally, I like the Barrett M107 .50 cal - it's good for everything from deer to fox to insurgents to rabbits and more.

It's good on the rats because it either buries them on the spot or, it leaves nothing to pick up.

For squirrels that like to hide behind branches, it's a real game changer.

It's a little iffy on pigeons in barns but, on the plus side, it does help to let in more light so that I can see right into the top of the rafters.

On nights when the weather is bad, I don't even need to leave home - I just shoot the deer on my permission 1.5mile away from the bedroom window.

I wasn't sure my FEO would grant it as a first rifle but, when I explained that I wanted 1 rifle, not loads for different jobs, he was fine :yes:

• Like 2

As stated, ask the question in the shooting section. You might get more response. A bit more detail about what sort of vermin and expected ranges and people might be able to give their opinion. As it stands your question can be answered as 177 air rifle or 308.

You say you want an idea of what to "go for next." What do you have at the moment?

Ok, I was a bit vague I think. Small vermin is what I go after at the minute so Rabbits, Rats the littler stuff. I have Air Rifle at present I have a rotex rm8 .177 with multishot clip. But she is an old girl now showing signs of rust:(

Ok, I was a bit vague I think. Small vermin is what I go after at the minute so Rabbits, Rats the littler stuff. I have Air Rifle at present I have a rotex rm8 .177 with multishot clip. But she is an old girl now showing signs of rust:(

17hmr would be and is my preference.