Slightly out of my depth here fellas so I need some advice.

I had my suspicions of an air leak on the cylinder so Thursday last week I filled it up to 190 bar. We were away for the weekend so last night when we got in I checked and sure enough it's down to about 100 bar.

The leak is coming from the inside where the probe goes in.

I have read that power pellet lube in there and then fill it up can cure it but I'm not comfortable with doing that in case it goes wrong. The lube does say doesn't cause dieseling or damage o rings so maybe?

Any advice would be very much appreciated?

I`m no gunsmith Matt :icon_redface: , not sure if you do any fettling ?

Personally, I would consider a full ( warrented) service by a qualified RFD, if one seal has failed how far behind are any others ?

One reason I still use a modern springer is for reasons like this, ( so I`m never stuck without a gun).

atb Mark.

• Like 1

Try letting all the air out of your cylinder, then refill it, if it still does it, then it might be a blown seal, sounds like it might have been blown up to far.

Thanks pal. I will try that before the RFD route?

• Like 1

If that's Napier Power Pellet lube that you're talking about Matt, I'd definitely give that idea a miss mate - I've heard it and smelled it combust in the back of a pellet.

Yes that was the stuff mate. I didn't go down that road for that reason. Too easy to make a bloody big job out of a relatively small one?

• Like 1

No air loss overnight up to now so hopefully it was just a bit of dirt causing a problem and an empty and refill has cured it......hopefully.

At some point in the near future it may get an A&M cylinder regardless but I will need it before then so thanks for the advice fellas ???

• Like 3

No air loss overnight up to now so hopefully it was just a bit of dirt causing a problem and an empty and refill has cured it......hopefully.

At some point in the near future it may get an A&M cylinder regardless but I will need it before then so thanks for the advice fellas

The new ratworks cylinder looks good https://www.(!64.56:886/TheRATWorks/videos/vb.522158087812871/1793638137331520/?type=2&theater

• Like 1

At some point in the near future it may get an A&M cylinder regardless but I will need it before then so thanks for the advice fellas

The new ratworks cylinder looks good https://www.(!64.56:886/TheRATWorks/videos/vb.522158087812871/1793638137331520/?type=2&theater

Si got an A&M cylinder for his at the show last week end

and he was on the phone to me yesterday and it was leaking to

I think ill keep the old one where it is

if it int broken don't fix it

But he is just the man to sort it as well mind is SI

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 3