Southport

The novelty wears off with the noise of the geese and being shit on by one isn't good either.

What hotel did you stay at dido?

The bold.
Peaky blinders bar across the road is ok. Since the kids came along I rarely go out round town now so not sure where to recommend. If you want to see geese though go to Martin mere.
  • Like 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had a walk down the marsh.

I did somehow get my leg over....but was so pissed I can't really remember ?

Why would you take a goose call on a dirty weekend? It would be the last thing on my mind

Posted Images

Marshside or the coastal rd is always full of pinks glad you got your leg over there's also a few Bunny's about in the sand dunes and surrounding areas

There's hardly any bunnies now. The geese are still at marshside though.
  • Like 1

Yeah had a couple in peaky blinders.

Gonna take the kids to Martin mere not been for years.

Lots of shops shutting down on the main road in Southport, bit of a shame

The rents are too expensive, charity shops and pound shops are thriving though.

http://www.wwt.org.uk/wetland-centres/martin-mere/whats-on/2017/09/30/late-opening-goose-spectacular/

Edited by gnipper

Marshside or the coastal rd is always full of pinks glad you got your leg over there's also a few Bunny's about in the sand dunes and surrounding areas

Sadly Gnippers right mate, on them dunes where once you could run a dog to death, you'd be doing well to get to five... RHD!

Sorry to hear that I know it was always good for a run bosun we used to go back of coe lane at hesketh bank to that was always good for a jog on rhf or up near pontins when out that way same as ormskirk that went barren as well in parts

Edited by blackmaggie

The whole area is ruined for rabbiting now, not an awful lot of anything else either. I actually saw some rabbits on Friday night though on one field so I'm hoping they can breed like they're meant to and spread a bit.

Edited by gnipper

The novelty wears off with the noise of the geese and being shit on by one isn't good either.

The bold.
Peaky blinders bar across the road is ok. Since the kids came along I rarely go out round town now so not sure where to recommend. If you want to see geese though go to Martin mere.
Is that Chinese restaraunt still on Lord st? The one that was upstairs.

The bold.
Is that Chinese restaraunt still on Lord st? The one that was upstairs.
I've not seen that one mate?

Bolds a nice hotel, blagged a few beers there on last Waterloo Cup, opposite side of Lord street from the Scari.

Used to be a nice Italian restaurant on a corner position just off Lord St.

Cheers, D.

Bolds a nice hotel, blagged a few beers there on last Waterloo Cup, opposite side of Lord street from the Scari.

Used to be a nice Italian restaurant on a corner position just off Lord St.

Cheers, D.

Bolds on the same side just further up towards the fire station. The Prince of Wales is on the other side.