Retrieving Kits

Had an old ferret who would bring rabbit kits out alive and give them to you,one at a time.Just did a job clearing a large numer of rabbits from under shipping containers using my two 5year old hobs and both just started doing the same.Both are ruthless killers of larger rabbits but come straight out after a kill,yet are bringing out kits unharmed.Usefull but strange behaviour.Anyone else experience this.

• Like 1

Had an old ferret who would bring rabbit kits out alive and give them to you,one at a time.Just did a job clearing a large numer of rabbits from under shipping containers using my two 5year old hobs and both just started doing the same.Both are ruthless killers of larger rabbits but come straight out after a kill,yet are bringing out kits unharmed.Usefull but strange behaviour.Anyone else experience this.

I seen dogs do it, but not ferrets, mine start that their getting the chop, I'm not waiting all day for them to drag kits out, kill em quick and on to the next one plz

Never experienced anything like it but all my ferrets bar two leave the kids pet rabbits alone. Sounds like a handy trait to have taking the young ones out the hole rather than sit and kill the lot. Especially when rabbits can be scarce in areas, it gives you the option to kill or let them live to grow for another day.

• Like 1