jukel123

Alaska. The Yukon.

Been reading a lot about the Yukon and the gold rush. Always fancied the life of a trapper/ prospector. Came across this poem by Robert Service. I thought it was brilliant. Speaks to me anyway.

the-spell-of-the-yukon

• Like 4

Robert Service wrote hundreds of poems of the Yukon and life there ,everyone of them is a masterpiece .

• Like 1

Nice poem that ... I wonder how many people realised after been there abit that they didn't need to dig yellow metal out of the ground to find gold ,they'd already struck gold when they got there

• Like 1

Robert Service wrote hundreds of poems of the Yukon and life there ,everyone of them is a masterpiece .

The Shooting of Dan McGrew is a brilliant poem as well

That's mega that is......thanks for sharing

Some effort put into that,there is a series on Netflix ,about trapping in the Yukon,I was watching it other day.

Great wild north was its name.

He's on youtube too mate, check him out.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheWildNorth

Il have a look see if there's any different ones on there cheers.

good poem that

I think places like the yukon are fine when your young and up to the challenge as you get older the bodys no so willing

• Like 1

Always fancied the life of a trapper/ prospector.

Not about Alaska but similar sort of lifestyle I have just had coffee with a guy who graduated in wildlife management and conservation,he has been offered a job in Australia but turned it down as part of it was shooting camels,donkeys,horses etc :icon_eek: Wish I had a wildlife management degree :whistling:

• Like 1

Not about Alaska but similar sort of lifestyle I have just had coffee with a guy who graduated in wildlife management and conservation,he has been offered a job in Australia but turned it down as part of it was shooting camels,donkeys,horses etc :icon_eek: Wish I had a wildlife management degree :whistling:

They cull few scrub bulls and water buffalo out there as well don't they.

Scrub bulls and water buffalo nowadays are big money to hunt :yes: and I think the meat is exported to Vietnam??? the old days of shooting them and leaving them where they fall is coming to an end.

• Like 1

Scrub bulls and water buffalo nowadays are big money to hunt :yes: and I think the meat is exported to Vietnam??? the old days of shooting them and leaving them where they fall is coming to an end.
I know they used to shoot scrub bulls leave it in the sun few days to soften up then come back an shoot the feral pigs that would turn up to feed off it.
  • Like 1