Future X Maybe

2 hours ago, deeley24 said:

This is what I don't understand about people that work dogs why you always looking for the next best thing when we have proven crosses that are doing the job day/night already why make more shit crosses that no one can get homes for and end up in kennels, really annoys me tbh why fix something that isn't broken, why would you put a jaged instead of a beddy? What in your mind will that benefit it's hunting ability 

While I've not seen a Beddy here in the states, I have owned around 40 Jagdterriers.  I've also trained quite a large number of hounds.  I used to train bird dogs in my early 20's.  Out of all of the dogs I've trained, some of the most versatile dogs I've ever seen have been Jagdterriers.  Treeing, running track, retrieving, blood trailing, ground work, barn work and on and on and on. 

Over the years I've read time and again, discussions about the rarity of Beddies that are actually worked.  It seems to me that the cross has worked for so long that people just make the cross anyhow. 

Well, I'll tell you something about the Jagdterriers here in the states.  They get worked and worked hard in a good majority of the kennels that have them.  It's easier to find one that has proven itself than one that has not.  I'd sure rather pick from that than a house dog.

I will never understand people that seem to have a distain for innovation or anything new.  No one is telling you that you have to buy one and put any of your time into it.

I've looked the world over and the only true first cross Whippet x Jagdterrier litter I know of is the one my pup came out of.  Most of the pups have made very good dogs.  That's a pretty good place to start, wouldn't you say?

Jagdterriers are FAR more talented than just a ground terrier.  That sounds like a great base for a lurcher if I've ever heard of one.  It would be very interesting if someone of note raised and trained one over there...before leveling an opinion. 

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tough as nails, top speed around 60 k.p.h. (38 m.p.h.)     Fights like a champ, runs track and bushes excellent, silent on track and on course     48.5 cm (19 inches) @ 12.25 kg (27 lbs.), w

If you look at old photos of the Bedlington they looked like a lot of todays fell types and I always wonder why this cross isn't done more. I've seen a Patterdale X Whippet first cross and it looked

No, those are three of the ten or so pictures I've taken of him in his lifetime. I take some pictures of my dogs here at home for my records but very rarely think to take my phone out while I'm out w

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Dan McDonough said:

While I've not seen a Beddy here in the states, I have owned around 40 Jagdterriers.  I've also trained quite a large number of hounds.  I used to train bird dogs in my early 20's.  Out of all of the dogs I've trained, some of the most versatile dogs I've ever seen have been Jagdterriers.  Treeing, running track, retrieving, blood trailing, ground work, barn work and on and on and on. 

Over the years I've read time and again, discussions about the rarity of Beddies that are actually worked.  It seems to me that the cross has worked for so long that people just make the cross anyhow. 

Well, I'll tell you something about the Jagdterriers here in the states.  They get worked and worked hard in a good majority of the kennels that have them.  It's easier to find one that has proven itself than one that has not.  I'd sure rather pick from that than a house dog.

I will never understand people that seem to have a distain for innovation or anything new.  No one is telling you that you have to buy one and put any of your time into it.

I've looked the world over and the only true first cross Whippet x Jagdterrier litter I know of is the one my pup came out of.  Most of the pups have made very good dogs.  That's a pretty good place to start, wouldn't you say?

Jagdterriers are FAR more talented than just a ground terrier.  That sounds like a great base for a lurcher if I've ever heard of one.  It would be very interesting if someone of note raised and trained one over there...before leveling an opinion. 

Fair enough mate 

46 minutes ago, Dan McDonough said:

More to the point , it's your dog ,it pleases you , and that's the only thing it has to do ,regardless of whether it's jagd,Beddy,or shitzsu 

2 hours ago, Navek said:

I maybe full retard but at least I'm not trump lol 

In all seriousness Navek, that's the most fun I've had all week.  Your welcome at my place any time.  My wife nearly had an accident when she read your part about me being a hillbilly.  That was pretty good. :)

4 hours ago, Dan McDonough said:

That cross isn't that uncommon over here, theres some for sale on gumtree here at the moment.There been using leggy Russell cross whippets here forever on pigs,deer in thick scrub and blackberry and do a more than a decent job,so your not reinventing the wheel.On predators over there I can see there use, but for here and more so the UK they would be a bit of overkill imo.Beddy or Russell crosses are more than adequate.

1 hour ago, Dan McDonough said:

In all seriousness Navek, that's the most fun I've had all week.  Your welcome at my place any time.  My wife nearly had an accident when she read your part about me being a hillbilly.  That was pretty good. :)

Lol was good fun .all best for the rest the season ??

On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 1:22 PM, Dan McDonough said:

America was a known place well before the Pilgrims got here. There were whites here before the Injuns. There were also giants with red hair. Before that the Annunaki, Nephilim, Raphiem, etc., etc. The Templars were hiding crap over here. The Vikings were here. The Asians were here. It's a long history.

All them breeds an American ejit ????? bit like a terrier I'd say  strength of the viking an all speed of the Asians .. beying like an injun 

• Haha 1