Some People

My pup gets loads of attention of all types of people and I'd say 8 out of 10 say that's a nice wippet..... now I'm not being funny and nothing against wippets but feck off wippet he's a bloody lurcher. Today whilst on a walk someone once again said lovely wippet which I correct straight away and they followed up by saying he will do well showing my response was not fussed about the show side of things just as long as he catches a rabbit or 2 she was disgusted by that and went on to tell me how wrong it is and how such a sweet dog shouldn't be made to that. I explained they enjoy it and how I can't make him chase down a bunny it's just in there nature to do so which I was then told no it's not people like you train these poor dogs to do these barbaric actives for blood not sport. That was the end of our heart to heart as I walked off. Have any of you come across this before? I've come across Antis saying they would like 5 minutes alone with me and all that crap but this lady was set in her mind that the dogs would be made to chase a rabbit and just would not have it that it's in there nature to chase

• Like 2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tell them "it's a guide dog" they say "no it's not" I say " what the fuc have they given me?"

I normally last about three seconds in the company of such people before I fukc them off .....

true, i try to say nothing to them and keep on walking, mind you Buck put me in few situations and had few ding dongs with the bunny huggers, last time he came down the track with dirty black feral

Posted Images

Maybe yous should get summat more manly than a whippet if yous dont like whippet comments, must say never in all years iv had lurchers has anybody confused em with a whippet haha

Good job I don't have a wippet then he's a 16week old beddy grey with a touch of collie wippet and deerhound in him

• Like 1

Maybe yous should get summat more manly than a whippet if yous dont like whippet comments, must say never in all years iv had lurchers has anybody confused em with a whippet haha

Good job I don't have a wippet then he's a 16week old beddy grey with a touch of collie wippet and deerhound in him
Who has obvipusly thrown to the whippet haha if ye feeling that way about it now???, ye best get rid before winter comes an it starts shivvering hahaha haha

I'd say he's doing alright 19.5tts at 16 week old

Rather wall completely past the general public than engage with them. 90% are baffoons cannot be doing with them.

true, i try to say nothing to them and keep on walking, mind you Buck put me in few situations and had few ding dongs with the bunny huggers, last time he came down the track with dirty black feral tom cat in his mouth, these couple were behind me so they could see Buck with the cat, the woman started giving me the cruel so and so, i said he prob found it dead in the wood. i put it in hedgerow , the bloke ran over to it and said still bloody warm , i said yeh he just found it , it prob just died in there , feck'n Buck lol, say feck all mate best way . :yes:

• Like 5

Who has obvipusly thrown to the whippet haha if ye feeling that way about it now???, ye best get rid before winter comes an it starts shivvering hahaha haha
I'd say he's doing alright 19.5tts at 16 week old
Nice height that for a whppet pal, atb with it

Yeah good size I'm sure we will be fine cheers ?

Rather wall completely past the general public than engage with them. 90% are baffoons cannot be doing with them.

true, i try to say nothing to them and keep on walking, mind you Buck put me in few situations and had few ding dongs with the bunny huggers, last time he came down the track with dirty black feral tom cat in his mouth, these couple were behind me so they could see Buck with the cat, the woman started giving me the cruel so and so, i said he prob found it dead in the wood. i put it in hedgerow , the bloke ran over to it and said still bloody warm , i said yeh he just found it , it prob just died in there , feck'n Buck lol, say feck all mate best way . :yes:

Her a fcuking legend ray.

• Like 1

I get loads of people asking is that an Irish wolf hound mate, then the people that "know their dogs" ask is that a Scottish deerhound mate. Lol

post-102006-0-07987200-1507134204_thumb.jpg

northernlite must get asked the same about his beddy whippets all the time lol

• Like 3

Theres a great deal of ignorance about whippets with the general public, but nothing like the ignorance about them on THL, not manly enough what is manly enough, a great bull cross to suit your fragile EGO.

Most dogs are manlier than a whippet, lets face it pal

So you base your dogs on looks rather than working ability, quite sad really.