Young Pup Needing Bringing On..

Yeah I appreciate what everyone is saying now, but I felt people jumped the gun abit with what my intentions where, its just what I've been told to do by others, what's the longest any of you have had to wait until your pups have been ready?

Some Bedlington owner have waited years!!!

I've run out of likes, I'd just like to make sure you know first hand how much I appreciate that lol Edited by dillydog
  • Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they're any good they don't need a stop end and if you was anything of a terriermen you wouldn't be wanting to show her one.

If your looking for advice off knowledgeable people then slagging them off and abusing them is definitely the wrong thing to do ... just admit you were wrong and had been fed a bucket full of shit and

Some are gagging for work at 12 months and under, some aren't ready mentally until just shy of 2 years old. Even when they're started it doesn't mean you can throw work at them, you've still got to ho

Posted Images

Some are gagging for work at 12 months and under, some aren't ready mentally until just shy of 2 years old. Even when they're started it doesn't mean you can throw work at them, you've still got to hold them back or find the right sort of earth's for their ability. Some thrive off more work, some thrive off a more steady approach, welcome to the headache of the working terrier world.

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 8

Some are gagging for work at 12 months and under, some aren't ready mentally until just shy of 2 years old. Even when they're started it doesn't mean you can throw work at them, you've still got to hold them back or find the right sort of earth's for their ability. Some thrive off more work, some thrive off a more steady approach, welcome to the headache of the working terrier world.

Well hopefully she won't thrive off it too much and wanting it day in day out But only time will tell.. cheers for the advice everyon

Read the whole thread through and one things very clear mate. You know more about the game than you are letting on .The hole ending thing is probably what you usually do ,have done and your testing the waters here to see if it's commonplace. Not amongst lads with decent gear it's not as there is no need, serves no other purpose other than to fire up a dog needlessly to take reckless punishment or refuse to look again at all . Welcome to the site but keep it real mate.

• Like 7

It's not about forcing anything to do anything, even if it was desperate to get in I still wouldn't let it walk on to teeth.

Most youngsters out of curiosity would have a look, but without them knowing what is about to happen it's like sending the innocent to slaughter. Hole ending is baiting a captive animal, apart from being illegal it's just plain stupid.

Find a dead fox on the road, ask someone else to get you one, it doesn't matter if it's shot or a road accident victim. All your pup needs to know is it's fun to play with and it'll remember that smell next time out, if it's bred right it'll go.

I think this is the most helpful advice on this thread take it
  • Like 2