Hampshire Hunting..

Flint is a fecker,...some fields are worse than others, so if you chase the old hares,..you got to try and be a bit selective :yes:

Even when rabbiting along the hedgerow warrens with cur dogs, it can still get painful,..but, that's the craic,..what can ye do... :hmm:

post-25-0-03875700-1507199828_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty about hampshire If you come across a Jesus look alike Shepard that seems highly strung and stressed he might take you out for a lamp lol

You girls need tougher dogs .... oh and don't wander into Wiltshire there is a nutter there just waiting to catch poachers ......

Other way around

Posted Images

What socks isn't telling us that his name on here says it all ..... he actually has invented special socks for his dogs and they now have feet of iron. It's not his dogs that get the cuts it's socks himself that suffers (only playing before it gets taken the wrong way)

Fukc sake I haven't got the patent secured for that invention yet ... the chinks will be onto this now doing it for half the price ......

Now there's a thought the mushers in north USA/Canada have canine socks for their racing sled dogs?

Flint is a fecker,...some fields are worse than others, so if you chase the old hares,..you got to try and be a bit selective :yes:

Even when rabbiting along the hedgerow warrens with cur dogs, it can still get painful,..but, that's the craic,..what can ye do... :hmm:

attachicon.gifHare 014a.jpg

That looks proper rough ground phill.

I'm glad I don't have to run dogs on that type of terrain.

Does that type of ground trip the rabbits and hare quite regular.

Flint is a fecker,...some fields are worse than others, so if you chase the old hares,..you got to try and be a bit selective :yes: Even when rabbiting along the hedgerow warrens with cur dogs, it can still get painful,..but, that's the craic,..what can ye do... :hmm:

Rabbits and hares skip over them stones as if their not there mate .....

Sled dogs don't have to turn at 25 miles an hour whilst wearing socks though lol ....

Not turn like chasing quarry but it's not straight line racing is it , an I thought they wore the socks whilst racing ,is it only when resting then ?

They wear the boots whilst racing mate but they haven't got to stop dead and do a complete u turn they never run flat out and mostly they are in softish snow where they can still get some grip even wearing boots ......

• Like 1

Flint is a fecker,...some fields are worse than others, so if you chase the old hares,..you got to try and be a bit selective :yes: Even when rabbiting along the hedgerow warrens with cur dogs, it can still get painful,..but, that's the craic,..what can ye do... :hmm:

Rabbits and hares skip over them stones as if their not there mate .....

I would be cringing watching the dog in full flight on that ken.i will stick to the soil lol.
  • Like 1

Lol every single field around me looks like that ... the dogs have to get used to it from pups mate ......

I would imagine the dogs feet would harden up to that type of ground especially from a pup.

Maybe similar to a blacksmiths hands and an offfic worker.

Lol every single field around me looks like that ... the dogs have to get used to it from pups mate ......

Be interesting to put your dogs next to someone who's dogs run soil and see just how hard your dogs pads are compared. The dogs that run hard ground must end up with alot tougher pads. Mine will be running soil fields and maybe the odd one or 2 may be a bit rougher ground so I'd say he will have softer pads. Like calluses on hands site workers rough as rats (so the missus says) and office dollys soft as muck. I might be wrong but would dogs pads work that way as well?

Be interesting to put your dogs next to someone who's dogs run soil and see just how hard your dogs pads are compared. The dogs that run hard ground must end up with alot tougher pads. Mine will be running soil fields and maybe the odd one or 2 may be a bit rougher ground so I'd say he will have softer pads. Like calluses on hands site workers rough as rats (so the missus says) and office dollys soft as muck. I might be wrong but would dogs pads work that way as well?

It's common sense really that dogs that run on real rough ground from pups are going to have shorter nails and tougher pads .......

• Like 1