• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rob arnott

rob arnott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:11 am

A BIT OF ADVICE NEEDED HERE WHAT POLE SIZE WOULD YOU NEED.WHERE WOULD YOU BUY THEM AND HOW ARE THE SET UP ? P/S I TRUST YOU CAN USE YOUR ALREADY SET UP LONG NET? I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INPUT ROB.

#2 Fat-Ferret

Fat-Ferret

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:57 pm

Rob,

I messed with Drop Nets many times and have found that unless it is something you really really need to do they are a very expensive way to catch rabbits.

At one time I had a job of netting rabbits just off a football pitch and the surrounding lights made proper long netting very difficult I used the set up below and it worked well - I have used it a few times since.

I used a quick set long net - Undid the foot line from the pole and knotted on a good heavy purse net ring, while the net was run out. I then put the ring back over the pole and slid the net up and bunched up the bagging held it up with a good strong plastic clothes peg as you can see from the photos.

The net had to sit out a few days for the rabbits to come under it this can be a problem depending on where you locate it....

However, when they do get used to it, it was only a matter of walking along the net quickly and steadily and clipping off the pegs - Not totally ideal but it worked for this particular area.

I used it again in an area where a drop net would have been required - But rather than pegs I used a long draw cord and kept it in a continuous run with each bunch of bagging tied with a granny knot - I continued the cord a hundred yards or so to where it could be pulled - This worked quite well too, but you need good shiny cord and have the longnet poles in good and tight. 

DSC_0015_zpsljozrdmi.jpg

DSC_0016_zpsubiqvyzc.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users