Sulphuric Acid Restrictions

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More rules and regulations to control the law abiding masses whilst doing nothing about the cowardly pricks carrying out these crimes, if the next little toe rag that throws acid in someone's face got

Let's be honest with all this banning things, politicians will never ever as long as you have a hole in your arse come out and say "we have f****d the whole world up, turned into a depraved shithole a

Knee jerk reaction infringement of my freedom. how the f**k am i meant to get rid of those dead prostitutes now!

Posted Images

Knee jerk reaction infringement of my freedom.

how the f**k am i meant to get rid of those dead prostitutes now!

Just keep boiling the skin off like always mate ! Haha

• Like 2

More rules and regulations to control the law abiding masses whilst doing nothing about the cowardly pricks carrying out these crimes, if the next little toe rag that throws acid in someone's face got life without parole the fad would stop as fast as it started, they have stopped the wave of cash machine explosions by charging them under terrorism laws and giving bigger prison sentences, surprising how quickly crimes involving money get sorted yet crimes against the great unwashed get token gestures and sound bites

• Like 10

In addition, new restrictions on chemicals will "drastically limit" the public sale of sulphuric acid due to its use in the production of "mother of Satan" - the homemade explosive believed to have been used in the Manchester Arena terror attack and the failed bomb plot at Parsons Green Tube station.

Will it effectively reduce terrorists ability to make bombs or just force them to diversify? Possession of Hydrogen Peroxide (used for bleaching skulls for example) in concentrations over 11% requires a license now, has that reduced terrorism in the UK?

As well intentioned as these things are I'm sceptical that they are given much more thought than "we'd better ban it".

Regarding acid attacks, I'm inclined to say that where a jury is unanimous and where the judge sees fit the offender should receive a punishment proportional to the crime, they should be disfigured with acid. Perhaps this is too permanent though for fear of rare cases of miscarriage of justice and so I'm with Greyman, such a grievous crime requires the maximum punishment our laws allow.

In addition, new restrictions on chemicals will "drastically limit" the public sale of sulphuric acid due to its use in the production of "mother of Satan" - the homemade explosive believed to have been used in the Manchester Arena terror attack and the failed bomb plot at Parsons Green Tube station.

Will it effectively reduce terrorists ability to make bombs or just force them to diversify? Possession of Hydrogen Peroxide (used for bleaching skulls for example) in concentrations over 11% requires a license now, has that reduced terrorism in the UK?

As well intentioned as these things are I'm sceptical that they are given much more thought than "we'd better ban it".

Regarding acid attacks, I'm inclined to say that where a jury is unanimous and where the judge sees fit the offender should receive a punishment proportional to the crime, they should be disfigured with acid. Perhaps this is too permanent though for fear of rare cases of miscarriage of justice and so I'm with Greyman, such a grievous crime requires the maximum punishment our laws allow.

I agree that such a heinous crime should carry maximum punishment, but is there no room to look at prevention? Do longer sentences really help to prevent crime? Did the cash machine lads Greyman mentioned just move on to another form of robbery?

Am I right in saying the US jails more people for longer than any other nation? Many years sometimes for small drug offences & yet their drug problems just keep growing....

• Like 1

I agree that such a heinous crime should carry maximum punishment, but is there no room to look at prevention? Do longer sentences really help to prevent crime? Did the cash machine lads Greyman mentioned just move on to another form of robbery?

Am I right in saying the US jails more people for longer than any other nation? Many years sometimes for small drug offences & yet their drug problems just keep growing....

You're right, retribution doesn't always act as an effective deterrent. Someone contemplating an acid attack won't just forget about their grievance either, even if retribution was a deterrent, the offenders would likely turn to another type of violence (they'd diversify, lol). I'd still call that an improvement but you're right the best solution has to be one that prevents these people even considering violence. It's got to be cultural!

You're right, retribution doesn't always act as an effective deterrent. Someone contemplating an acid attack won't just forget about their grievance either, even if retribution was a deterrent, the offenders would likely turn to another type of violence (they'd diversify, lol). I'd still call that an improvement but you're right the best solution has to be one that prevents these people even considering violence. It's got to be cultural!

That was going to be my next point! Haha.... You would think that acid attacks are an impulse to a situation or at worse random violence, but not a long term way to make money. So the violence is always likely to be there in some form, but making access to Acid harder, might save a few faces?

I'm not saying what Amber Rudd has proposed would work or is a good idea, perhaps just ignoring cultural issues? But I think more than just sentencing has to be looked at.

That was going to be my next point! Haha.... You would think that acid attacks are an impulse to a situation or at worse random violence, but not a long term way to make money. So the violence is always likely to be there in some form, but making access to Acid harder, might save a few faces?

I'm not saying what Amber Rudd has proposed would work or is a good idea, perhaps just ignoring cultural issues? But I think more than just sentencing has to be looked at.

That's fine and is the logic with this but will it stop it? I mean, lets suppose this does make some acid a little harder to get hold of, will they not just get a flask of boiling sugar water and do the same? Maybe find another chemical that burns?

The bomb prevention reasoning is a good example. They banned hydrogen peroxide over 11% because it was an explosive precursor used in the 7/7 bombings, now the terrorists are using some other precursor they want to ban that too. Has any of this logic saved lives? Or does it just drive innovation in the world of these criminals at the expense of responsible citizens?

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 3

Well even it stops one person from getting a face full of acid then its worth it.

dont see the issue.

Yes there other things they could use but better than doing f**k all with this horrendous crime.

if you are a genuine person needing this product for a proffesional purpose you're still going to get it.