Ratting With Ferrets

Anybody have any experience ratting with ferrets? Have a garage to clear with lots of rats in all sorts of nooks and crannys in behind cupboards and tools. Its a small garage and only one door. I was thinking of leaving the door open a little bit and bolt them out to a dog. Would the ferrets be up to the job of bolting them?

Best off smoking them out mate don't want dead rats in the walls it will start to smell your garage out and if your garage is attached to your house you don't want ferrets getting into the cavertes of your house walls as you might never get them back

its a small garage in a yard for car mechanicing block walls all round and the main door is the only way in or out so ive no problems with it going into cavities or anything like that. maybe making a smoker would be my best bet

make a trap using one them blue barrels have a look on YouTube how to make one really simple my mate has one in his car garage gets a few rats a week in it. Would save you the f**k on getting or making a smoker. Any rats in the barrel on a morning just drop the ferret in the barrel problem sorted

its a small garage in a yard for car mechanicing block walls all round and the main door is the only way in or out so ive no problems with it going into cavities or anything like that. maybe making a smoker would be my best bet

make a trap using one them blue barrels have a look on YouTube how to make one really simple my mate has one in his car garage gets a few rats a week in it. Would save you the f**k on getting or making a smoker. Any rats in the barrel on a morning just drop the ferret in the barrel problem sorted

not sure bout the last bit John old ratty packs a punch when cornered

• Like 2

not sure bout the last bit John old ratty packs a punch when cornered

Agreed. Seen a few beat up ferrets at the hands of rats, espically a pregnant doe. Tough b*****ds rats. They will bolt to a ferret though no problem, would rather run than fight the majority of the time.

Had no joy wasnt any about tonight though the guy had been working in there all day so theyve buggered off through the day but im sure theyll be back at some point, he even got the place smoked out with a sick car and the door only open a few inches after we tried the ferrets with no luck. Think a trap is next on the cards.

Had no joy wasnt any about tonight though the guy had been working in there all day so theyve buggered off through the day but im sure theyll be back at some point, he even got the place smoked out with a sick car and the door only open a few inches after we tried the ferrets with no luck. Think a trap is next on the cards.

If there were none at all I'd be thinking that they are not living there but coming into the place just for food, meaning they have a way in and out. Ferrets will use the same routes so be careful and make sure they are collared up