Shootings In Las Vegas

Innocent people who want to maintain their freedoms, which gives people with harmful intent opportunity to do harm.

Americans believe they should have the freedom to keep arms, which means bad people more easily get their hands on them. You seem to say serves them right. Likewise, young girls want to go out scantily dressed at night which makes rapists jobs much easier. Serves them right too?

Regards the short skirts analogy..., you're much better than that BH so I won't even dignify that with an answer. I understand that people want to maintain their rights but the facts are that guns kill more people in the US than they protect. Wouldn't you agree? And would you like the same gun laws here in the UK?

No I'm not better than that. It's a direct and fair comparison on the principle behind your argument.

The 2A isn't there to protect home owners, it's there to protect democracy! Have you read it?

And yes I would rather live under 2A than without it.

• Like 4

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

theres no need for regular folk owning a machine gun though....

"Why didn't the Police save my daughter from being raped?"   "Because they can't and you gave away her ability to do it for herself. Now fix your f***ing attitude towards making every citizen impote

If the US government turned tyrannical in such a way the likes of the 3 percenters and oath keepers would go to f***ing war! I'd put money on a large number of servicemen supporting them too. The US m

Posted Images

Don't think the link works chris

It's working okay here but here's the long hand version... http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/10/02/554976369/section-of-las-vegas-strip-is-closed-after-music-festival-shooting

Las Vegas Sun also https://lasvegassun.com/

Edited by ChrisJones

The 2A isn't there to protect home owners, it's there to protect democracy! Have you read it?

And yes I would rather live under 2A than without it.

It's the teeth and the claws that protect the bill of rights. Everyone bleats on about free speech but the yanks honour the right to fight for it.

• Like 1

Innocent people who want to maintain their freedoms, which gives people with harmful intent opportunity to do harm.

Americans believe they should have the freedom to keep arms, which means bad people more easily get their hands on them. You seem to say serves them right. Likewise, young girls want to go out scantily dressed at night which makes rapists jobs much easier. Serves them right too?

Regards the short skirts analogy..., you're much better than that BH so I won't even dignify that with an answer. I understand that people want to maintain their rights but the facts are that guns kill more people in the US than they protect. Wouldn't you agree? And would you like the same gun laws here in the UK?

You can put a number on how many people guns kill but it's ludicrous to say you can put a number on how many they protect!!.......I mean, what should people do?.....come home and phone up the national statistics office and say "hi, I didn't get robbed or killed today"

Be anti gun by all means mate but don't be stupid !

Tragic, I'm pro guns but I think the NRA has got to tighten up regulation, if law abiding , mentally stable citizens can access weapons and prove competence then it's not really affecting their civil rights.

I don't agree mate, give regulation an inch and it will take a fecking mile......as the UK has proven time and time again ;)

• Like 1

I don't agree mate, give regulation an inch and it will take a fecking mile......as the UK has proven time and time again ;)

Agreed. If only mentally stable citizens are allowed guns then only the government will be allowed to determine who's mentally stable enough to own one. Maybe if the UK had the 2nd Amendment they'd still have the 1st Amendment? :thumbs:

• Like 1

This is all assuming the shooter legally bought the weapon and the thousands of rounds of ammo he had. Might just as easily been bought out of a car boot in some car park. I don't believe for a minute that the law stating whether or not you can bear arms makes a jot of difference to a psycho who wants to kill.

This is all assuming the shooter legally bought the weapon and the thousands of rounds of ammo he had. Might just as easily been bought out of a car boot in some car park. I don't believe for a minute that the law stating whether or not you can bear arms makes a jot of difference to a psycho who wants to kill.

Agreed, mate. I immediately want to know what was in his bloodstream and what was on his devices in the last 12 months.

Edited by ChrisJones
  • Like 1

ffs its the intent of the person not the object used to carry out that intent, that is the problem.

yeh ok,,,,,guns dont kill people,,,people do,,,,,but that object wasnt a handgun yoused for protection was it,,,,,