Would You Or Wouldn’T You

Why is black and tan so popular in Germany. Rotties,dobes,shepherds and even terriers!

Not a very popular colour here in Ireland, the Black N Tans that the British sent over here in the 20s were good for nothing and sent back fairly quickly.

• Like 1

Why is black and tan so popular in Germany. Rotties,dobes,shepherds and even terriers!

Beleive it or not but its all to do with eugenics.. all the german breeds except the pointer were lab dogs..as in made in a lab same as the jagd to be the superior one work dog..they even tried bringing back extinct species in a designated forest ...hence there anti hunting laws at the time... incase anyone found them..bit like now a days.
  • Like 2

Not a very popular colour here in Ireland, the Black N Tans that the British sent over here in the 20s were good for nothing and sent back fairly quickly.
plenty of thrm black n tanz were irish as well (fellows whod joined the british afmy a few years earlier in ww1)

plenty of thrm black n tanz were irish as well (fellows whod joined the british afmy a few years earlier in ww1)

Now, now TT, I was talking about Lakelands and not trying to have a bit of fun with the English lads, I'd never do that.

:whistling::whistling::victory::victory::victory: .

• Like 1

Beleive it or not but its all to do with eugenics.. all the german breeds except the pointer were lab dogs..as in made in a lab same as the jagd to be the superior one work dog..they even tried bringing back extinct species in a designated forest ...hence there anti hunting laws at the time... incase anyone found them..bit like now a days.

Shock Horror

The Germans actually used 4 Pure-Bred Welsh Terriers as theyre foundation stock too create theyre ultimate working terrier, The Jagd terrier. ?

Probably a bit contentious here, but I think anyone that deliberately sets out to hunt rats with a 16 week old pup is a f***ing clown, simple. Don't care what reason/excuse they come out with

Not even if Brian Plummer did it ?

I think him and his writings are responsible for the majority of people trying to start their dogs far too early,... and, like I said, anyone that starts their pups on rats deliberately at 16 weeks is a clown, simple

brian nuttal didnt help matters either {if they dont go at nine months they will go at twelve} :yes: . i wouldnt encourage anyone to enter there terrier at rats at such an early age. but an experienced man {woman} should be able to judge if a young terrier is capable of a run at a couple of greys. yours in sport coco.... :D

• Like 1