Catalonia

Bet your bollocks to a barn dance that Brussels will have been on the blower to the Spanish government and said "Quash this with all means possible, we can't afford to have Catalonia bug out" ;)

EU government freedom and democracy at its very best !!

May has been given her script too, she will be sticking to that for as long as the traitorous witch lasts in office!

• Like 11

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bet your bollocks to a barn dance that Brussels will have been on the blower to the Spanish government and said "Quash this with all means possible, we can't afford to have Catalonia bug out"   EU

Tensions are high.   My mates grandad called him up yesterday very upset he couldn't vote (he's 96). So my mate, his brother and sister rushed across the city, put him in a wheelchair and whizzed hi

Posted Images

This shows the fragility of democracy and the threat of totalitarianism. It's there, waiting for enough citizens to let their guard down with the attitude "that sort of stuff is in the past and we have 'progressed' beyond that".

Too many young folk today just think that the freedoms, rights and fairplay of liberal democracy are a god given state of society. Stuff like this cost blood and sometimes lives but it should be a constant reminder. Repress these issues and they WILL escalate with a much greater cost.

In the wise words of another member of this forum, "the price of freedom is eternal vigilance".

On another note, has Brexit been a factor in this?

• Like 2

Fair play to the Catalans, I like what I'm seeing.

Despite all the heavy handed brutality they went out and did it.

If that had been the UK, there would have been no need for Police violence......they would have simply threatened everyone with a fixed penalty ticket or a court fine and everyone would have crawled back under their stone and kept their head down !!

In fact, May and her Cancer party just robbed the country of Brexit and nobody batted an eyelid !

Who would have thought old Jonny Foreigner would be show the bollocks England now lacks?

• Like 1

Interesting read;

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/4581/barcelona-mega-mosque

Catalonia has the highest concentration of muslims in Spain, Approx 465,000 who've been promised a mega mosque if they vote for independence.

1 muslim leader stated if independence was ever won they (the muslims) would then vote for pro islamic partys

I'm not rubbishing the article but I would take an article written by an organisation run by and American Multi millionaire airess to a fortune who's ambassador is a republican career politician with a large pinch of salt.

We have seen what a reliable job the US has made in other Muslim related stories it puts out ;)

• Like 1

Catalonia was just a glimpse of the new world we are wakening up to. Police now a days do not seem to be human beings.. they were sent in to beat and abuse people who were just going to put an x on a ballott paper.. non violent folk who were excercising there right to vote ... i seen the minority beating on the majority and its not even that big of news.. major cities throughout europe and uk will see the same..very very soon...orwells 1984 is fast approaching in 2017.. we will soon be waking up to military boots standing on your face and it will sadly become the norm..the sheeple are well and truly being rounded up and took to the slaughter house...time to rise up.

• Like 1

This shows the fragility of democracy and the threat of totalitarianism. It's there, waiting for enough citizens to let their guard down with the attitude "that sort of stuff is in the past and we have 'progressed' beyond that".

Too many young folk today just think that the freedoms, rights and fairplay of liberal democracy are a god given state of society. Stuff like this cost blood and sometimes lives but it should be a constant reminder. Repress these issues and they WILL escalate with a much greater cost.

In the wise words of another member of this forum, "the price of freedom is eternal vigilance".

On another note, has Brexit been a factor in this?

was in the region last week, they were calling it their Brexit.

Tensions are high.

My mates grandad called him up yesterday very upset he couldn't vote (he's 96). So my mate, his brother and sister rushed across the city, put him in a wheelchair and whizzed him off to the voting place. When they got there it was filled with huge crowds outside so my mate shouts "oi my 96 year old grandad wants to vote" 300 people started chanting "let him through let him through" lol. He got to vote bless him ;)

https://m.(!64.56:886/story.php?story_fbid=10214456288540612&id=1221221768

• Like 8

Long long feckin history mate: Starts with the Romans and really took off in the 14th century when the northern kings/families ganged up and beat up the invading Muslims in the rest of iberia, they have an individuality that's not just language. Fast forward a few hundred years and you have Franco! The Catalans and Basque really took hits on that one. Still holes in walls here in Barca, where you can see where people were lined up. You can even see where the soldiers who didn't want to kill people lined against a wall, aimed high. Their language, identity, culture, even the names of their children were spanishified on fear of death or reprisal. They fought tyrrany and were rewarded with destruction and the boot. Now you come to present day and all this history has been used. Economically, Spain is dead in the water without Cataluña. Without Spain Cataluña is pretty well off. However there are rumours of corruption and Arab money and promises etc plus the EU question (which I still fuuck with my independence friends heads with). Why gain independence to give it away (Joe888 feel free).

Nothing is ever straight forward mate ;)

• Like 1