So Far So Good

neil b

An earlie start saw me heading north just before 5am with lurcher and the 3jill kits I mentioned last week plus an experienced older Jill, we got to our destination just as the sun was making an appearance, the place we had in mind is a fair treat from where we park up so once we had the ferrets collared up we set off to see what we could find, as we got going there were rabbits all over the fell side so we tried to get above them and push them into the lower warrens, some cooperated and dropped to ground some just climbed higher up onto the rocks and above, here me and my mate parted company and went our separate ways, the first mark I got off the lurcher looked good so long nets round and enter two young Jill's, in no time I had 6 rabbits in the bag, as I was picking the net up I noticed Nell marking another warren net round this one and the next 4 rabbits all made it to freedom, this wasn't what I had planned.i just followed Nell about the fell side trusting her marking ability, my catch rate was growing steadily the sun was up the wind had stopped and the flies were starting to become a pest so just after dinner we called it a day I had finished on 21. post-19879-0-11840300-1506799213_thumb.jpg on getting back to the van my mate had put 24 in the bag so with a total of 45 we called it a day post-19879-0-98846900-1506799336_thumb.jpg the 3young kits are doing ok so far it's only there 2nd time our so so far so good. Cheers Neil b

Edited by neil b
  • Like 11

Nice one mate, hope my kits first outings go as well as that!

just give them the best possible start you can by either seeing rabbits drop to ground or a positive mark off a dog, then give them as much as you can.