Never Thought The Day Would Come

I go on a lot of land that is well looked after , i have been on most of it between 20 / 40 years and i all those years i have been able to get as many rabbits i have wanted and sometimes if i was not careful ,more than i wanted , through my job in the early 60s i was lucky to get land all over the Midlands mainly in Leics, Notts, Lincs, and Northamptonshire, some years it was good all over ,others it was patchy but i could allways get out and get as many as i wanted somewhere ,over the last five years it has been winding down all over these areas and this year there is nothing , all these places have Mixi twice a year and at some places it is always around . This year there is nothing, this morning i have been to what were once very good spots , i would walk around these places with the dog and perhaps see 40 or more rabbits again nothing a few bits of young rabbit poo but that is all , there seem to be fewer Badgers as well but i may be wrong on that .

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cant do the travelling lads,my lady aged 72 isn't as fit as me, practically housebound, as said before, I do the lot here , y7ou name it, I do it, and pleased do do so, im up early, get stuff done, th

Well, if the Operatives are using Gas,...it won't be Cymag,..and on a large warren,..the Phostoxin/Talunex tabs are an extremely expensive way of going about things. I would also question their effec

The lads that are moaning about only catching a couple off a place because the numbers are so low just think how low they'll be after you've killed the last couple of breeding stock that could have re

Posted Images

cant do the travelling lads,my lady aged 72 isn't as fit as me, practically housebound, as said before, I do the lot here , y7ou name it, I do it, and pleased do do so, im up early, get stuff done, then come 1 ish were off out, I will always keep my dog happy 1 way or another, and my ferrets , cant grumble, ive had some fantastic times out in the fields over the years, I haven't done yet

post-59960-0-30007700-1506959702_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

I try to put a good few miles in to find work for my kelpies too but the difference is that I don't drive so, in my case, it's a hike of several hours in all directions and hope I can put something up for them. That's one benefit of working pure sheep/cattle dogs...they can keep up with me! :D