When Is A Bitch Ready To Stand

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grass

So if I wake up and bang the missus, get up get my breakfast go back up and give her another rattle. Go walk the dogs come home and she's the dinner on, bend her over the bench and blow the spuds into

An owner of a working terrier should know when his bitch is ready to stand... meaning their kennells should be clean and inspected everyday during clean outs walk and feed..you will notice blood spots on floor.. write it down.. let other dogs play with her and always watch close and observe.. the bitch has to be stimulated throughout her 11 days but not necessary with the stud dog..ive always took bitch to dog which i also think it should be the other way about..but anyway if youve let the bitch get naturally stimulated..she stands 11 and 13th day... tie on any of these days should be sufficent... and hopefully a successiful mating..

But i also agree with rippem as in if your not up to knowledge with knowing the cycle of your own bitch..are you fit to breed working terriers.

you ruined that post with that last bit

An owner of a working terrier should know when his bitch is ready to stand... meaning their kennells should be clean and inspected everyday during clean outs walk and feed..you will notice blood spots on floor.. write it down.. let other dogs play with her and always watch close and observe.. the bitch has to be stimulated throughout her 11 days but not necessary with the stud dog..ive always took bitch to dog which i also think it should be the other way about..but anyway if youve let the bitch get naturally stimulated..she stands 11 and 13th day... tie on any of these days should be sufficent... and hopefully a successiful mating..

But i also agree with rippem as in if your not up to knowledge with knowing the cycle of your own bitch..are you fit to breed working terriers.

that's spot on..

I agree with everything that u have said and there is also some sound advice. I do know my bitch and I also know about breeding as I've had 5 or 6 litters myself and I've been around dogs and horses all my life. The the topic of this thread is maybe worded wrongly, I was kind of questioning my knowledge as my 6 year old lurcher bitch has not let my lurcher dog anywhere near her in all of her season. I know they generally bleed for 10 days to a fortnight and the bitch is most receptive for the next few days after that. My bitch hasn't bled for nearly 3 weeks now and hasn't let the dog near her. She has had 1 litter before and normally she is like clockwork with her seasons but for some reason she was 4 weeks early with this season. I'm not a novice and wouldn't attempt to breed if I wasn't confident enough to breed and raise good, strong, healthy pups as I have in the past.

Grass

Pmsl.

I thought the mods would of stepped in by now. Maybe they have as I haven't seen him on recently. Fingers crossed, that's the reason many good dog men with years of knowledge and sound advice are no longer on this site and that in my opinion is a great shame, especially for any youngsters on this site.