Evening all,

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen, knows of plans for a "good" manual apple crusher? Last few years I've used one of the German electric spiedel jobbies which are awesome, but they rely on electric. I want to be old school and produce my pumice manually.

Tried the over priced vigo crap that gives you about 30% return and a few other crushers but I need a real productive one.

So anyone got any ideas?

Think my brother uses a piece of 3x2 before using an apple press

Well I decided I'm not going to find exactly what I'm looking for so for this year I'm going to stick with modern and extremely efficient, so I've bought the big spiedel jobby from vigo. A lot of money but easily recouped when you put it against the value of the cider.

We started bottling last year's today, only forty five bottles (430 ish) to go.

post-5478-0-10048000-1506784255_thumb.jpg

Edited by mole trapper
  • Like 2

I reckon you need a bit of help pal. Drinking that is. I could supply the pickles and bits and bobs. Jok.

• Like 1

We've been looking in to regs regarding selling at the gate and how much you can sell before customs and excise become involved, it will be another four years before were into industrial production.

It is a long term plan.

• Like 1

Socks. I was thinking along the lines of one of those plaster mixers. Stick it on the cordless and let rip. That'll churn them up a bit. Jok.

Monty Don had one he hired in on gardeners world it was like a old turnip cutter it did the job but your going to end up with arms like popeye if you've a lot to do

I decided I couldn't faff around any longer. A lot of apples here now which I'm hoping to press next week, so I've bit the bullet and bought the spiedel apple mill from vigo, it's expensive but after using one last year I knew it was the one.

Ask around the farms for a old root cutter great for chipping large amounts of apples, paid £50 for the one I've got.