Unfortunately I wasn't able to start pressing today, we did get a lot of other stuff done however. Anyways here's about half of what I've got together so far, probably about fifty gallons worth. I've got to pop up to Devon tomorrow to do a mole job, then pick up a dozen more cider apple trees. Although it's forecast windy I might still be able to get this lot sorted.

post-5478-0-92960700-1508088149_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well had a busy day today 9 Gallons of Cider OG of 1055 not bad I suppose and I've got a bucket of Pear pulp which I'm going to press tomorrow about a gallon I read it's good practice to leave it 24 h

But in the meantime

Strimmer in a barrel ........

Posted Images

Makes my operation look small fry you've got some graft to come there but upgrading your equipment will make it much easier.

I done exactly the same Sunday night chimnea BBQ Cider in the garden, are the trees expensive I might sacrifice some of the large bushes in my garden and replace with a couple of good trees.

Makes my operation look small fry you've got some graft to come there but upgrading your equipment will make it much easier.

I done exactly the same Sunday night chimnea BBQ Cider in the garden, are the trees expensive I might sacrifice some of the large bushes in my garden and replace with a couple of good trees.

These particular trees were a direct swap for advice on a pest problem, normally big two year olds would be £25 each. If you're considering planting in a garden go for mm106 root stock, it's semi dwarfing but still produce well, it's what most of the commercial growers use.

Adams apples at honiton is the guy I get all my trees off, he does post.

• 2 weeks later...

Well a quick update.

The other half still not processed for one reason and another, so Sunday their having it! This will be real head banging gear as they are now very high in sugar.

I also acquired some more cider apple fallers from a mole customer today, the second batch will produce a smaller yield than the first lot, but will/should be far better.

• Like 1

Thank feck for that! Last pressing for 2017 today, in the sun, wind, hail and rain. Only got 36 gallons at og 1054 but it was some lovely juice. Now the tricky part. There's exactly 100 gallons sat in the cider shed now.

IMAG1510.jpg

Edited by mole trapper
  • Like 1

Nice one Mole trapper good effort how was the new pulper 100 gallon that's a lot of Cider.

I have been on holiday the last couple of weeks fishing in Mexico and the sites totally revamped its seems to have broken a few hearts on the general forum lol.