Thanks flattop!

I have invested quite a lot of money planting three and a half acres with quality trees with a view to it bringing in a few quid when I retire.

I've planted several pear trees too but they are desert pears like the ones you've just managed to acquire. Lovely flavour but will turn slimy when pulped so difficult to extract the juice.

• Like 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well had a busy day today 9 Gallons of Cider OG of 1055 not bad I suppose and I've got a bucket of Pear pulp which I'm going to press tomorrow about a gallon I read it's good practice to leave it 24 h

But in the meantime

Strimmer in a barrel ........

Posted Images

Well had a busy day today 9 Gallons of Cider OG of 1055 not bad I suppose and I've got a bucket of Pear pulp which I'm going to press tomorrow about a gallon I read it's good practice to leave it 24 hours to let it oxidise and it aids it when clearing apparently.

8am this morning just starting.

post-20963-0-11663700-1507657819_thumb.jpg

All chopped ready for the production line lol.

post-20963-0-31866600-1507657920_thumb.jpg

Tree shredder does the business yet again.

post-20963-0-02606400-1507658052_thumb.jpg

The juice pressed now to make the magic happen.

post-20963-0-74293900-1507658202_thumb.jpg

post-20963-0-52496100-1507658263_thumb.jpg

Will stick a pic of the perry up tomorrow to compare with the Cider.

• Like 6

Pressed the Pear pulp today got just about ten pints, it tasted and smelt good enough to eat here's a couple of pics.

Mole trapper sorry for Hijacking your scratter thread but there seems to be no dedicated Cider thread this year anybody else making any or did you all die from alcoholism last year ??

post-20963-0-84218100-1507727817_thumb.jpg

post-20963-0-66651600-1507727849_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nice one flattop, crack on and use this thread unless someone wants to start a new one.

Having had one of the vigo spiral presses I think your a legend to have got nine gallons done with it.

It's only a 9 litre one and it's well and truly paid for itself I have anchor bolted it to my patio and use a scaffold pole to squeeze every last drop out keeps me fit lol.

Always keeping my eye open for a cross beam one but I like a bargain one will pop up eventually.

You're gonna have to drink a fair whack of cider to get your money back , but it looks the business, I might get heath Robinson to create my cider.atb , let us know how it goes,

Could the corkscrew presses be easily modified with a ram or bottle jack ?

Well they are seven hundred delivered, if you think a pint of cider in the pub is a minimum of three quid, you only need to produce two hundred pints and your already in to making money .

When I hired one of these last year I processed about a quarter of a ton of apples in about two hours. By the weekend I will have about the same amount of apples, this should give me around 7-800 pints,ish.

We are going to start bagging in 20ltr boxes this year, it will speed up things incredibly, it's also the way the pubs and clubs prefer to buy it.

• Like 1

You're gonna have to drink a fair whack of cider to get your money back , but it looks the business, I might get heath Robinson to create my cider.atb , let us know how it goes,

Well they are seven hundred delivered, if you think a pint of cider in the pub is a minimum of three quid, you only need to produce two hundred pints and your already in to making money .

When I hired one of these last year I processed about a quarter of a ton of apples in about two hours. By the weekend I will have about the same amount of apples, this should give me around 7-800 pints,ish.

We are going to start bagging in 20ltr boxes this year, it will speed up things incredibly, it's also the way the pubs and clubs prefer to buy it.

Will you be selling to is folk on here ??? ......

Will you be selling to is folk on here ??? ......

I hope so ! ill be setting up a direct debit ! :drinks: