Hw95K V Master Pro

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mark and Charlie above know there stuff! one can tune anything and the other puts in more hours springer practice than anyone I know... so if they say the lgv is good it is but don't dismiss the 95

Hi Ste,   I think I can echo every word Tim ( Charlie caller) has said to you there. I fell out with mine because when I showed this photograph below, a lot of peopl

Thats it, Im getting the 95 and using the extra cash to put towards a tbt kit and scope.....

Posted Images

Master pro by a country mile,now an hw 95 is a good rifle, and can be made very good, I dont deny, but mate, you would have to spend a lot of cash and a lot of time, even trying to get a 95 to shoot like an LGV,I have said this before (or similar) if the internals of a 95 are like an agricultural vehicle, the LGV internals are like a race tuned engine, strip both rifles and compare internals, even air arms internals, as good as they are, are not up to the standard of the Walther, the LGV shoots superbly in .177, amazingly smooth, lazer accurate, and when you fit a silencer/moderator, almost pcp quiet, no doubt Mark will be on soon agreeing with my comments, but complaining he sent his back because of a cut out on the front of the stock, (made for the LGU) which is a fair point if you cant live with it, (it never bothered me when I had mine) the only area the 95 wins is on the trigger, the Walther trigger is perfectly good, just not as good as HW or AA units, however a few quid spent at Rowan engineering, will see the trigger transformed and made superb, in short mate, get the LGV, you will be amazed.

Hi Ste,

I think I can echo every word Tim ( Charlie caller) has said to you there.

I fell out with mine because when I showed this photograph below, a lot of people said oh no ! no way could I live with that router mistake :nono:

post-85710-0-25337800-1506520880.jpg

Well Ste, as much as I hated that mark in the stock every time I cocked it, I didn`t want to take it back but I just could not live with it.

The gun`s overall finish was not as good as an A Arms or HW for me either.

The adjustable butt plate I thought was cheap and nasty.

The gun and it`s internals totally and completely siht on all others, the firing cycle is superb and so, so smooth.

I placed a .177 pellet on top of my scope turret, fired the rifle and just the tiniest movement and the pellet stayed in place.

My first two hunting shots with the Walther.

post-85710-0-67319300-1506521505.jpg

It`s as accurate as my TX.

post-85710-0-90807700-1506521658.jpg

Hope that helped you any Ste and good luck with your choices :good:

atb Mark.

• Like 3

mark and Charlie above know there stuff!

one can tune anything and the other puts in more hours springer practice than anyone I know... so if they say the lgv is good it is :thumbs:

but don't dismiss the 95... I bought one in .177 last year as id had enough of lugging heavy rifles about!

first thing I did was swap the mod for a more weighty one I had and the muzzle flip disappeared

I've put a tbt guide kit in but but to tell you the truth I'm not sure it made much difference, it defiantly benefited from a polish and re lube previous to the tbt!

it will do sub 5p groups at 40yrd if I'm laid prone and comfortable!

and has filled the bag plenty of times!

free roving round the woods

post-102306-0-57786600-1506528225_thumb.jpeg

post-102306-0-34895900-1506528310_thumb.jpg

post-102306-0-71791400-1506528373_thumb.jpeg

pretty sure you'll be happy with either of them!

atb si

• Like 7

Cheers for all the advice lads really appreciate it. I can get either for around the 3 ton mark from sporting guns but I really fancy fettling it myself so wary of the complexity of the walther. Also I know umarex are pretty crap customer service even in comparison to hull cartridge....

I've already shouldered the 95 and must admit to getting a twitch, so I guess I'll have to shoulder the lgv to see if I get the same reaction.

Pics and regrets to follow.

ps mark, damn straight, that cnc'ing would keep me awake at night

• Like 2

Cheers for all the advice lads really appreciate it. I can get either for around the 3 ton mark from sporting guns but I really fancy fettling it myself so wary of the complexity of the walther. Also I know umarex are pretty crap customer service even in comparison to hull cartridge....

I've already shouldered the 95 and must admit to getting a twitch, so I guess I'll have to shoulder the lgv to see if I get the same reaction.

Pics and regrets to follow.

ps mark, damn straight, that cnc'ing would keep me awake at night

I DID OFFER TO SORT IT FOR HIM AND MAKE IT DISAPPEAR

SO HE WOULD NOT KNOW IT HAD BEEN THERE

AND REA DO THE STOCK AS WELL WHEN I WAS ON

BUT HE IS A TIGHT TWAT AND DID NOT WANT TO PAY THE POST

I EVEN SAY,D I WOULD SEND IT BACK AT MY OWN COST

NOW THAT BEING A VERY TIGHT TWAT :yes: :whistling:

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

You did mate, you did :good: .

The thing was Mac, I knew it was there and I also hated that adjustable butt plate.

The very second Walther come back with a mk2 and these faults are ironed out I would buy another.

I`m completely with Charlie`s thoughts on the Walther and it`s internals, that rifle is a hunting man`s rifle for sure, pure silk to shoot.

• Like 2

God dammit..... :unsure::unsure:

I would like the LG but its complicated to strip and polish judging by the diagrams, but I would be a fool to not shoot it before discounting it. They havent got one in Woodys of wembley so will have to ask around the gun club to see if theres one knocking about.

95 :)

In all honesty, get what you think will suit your style. Walthers are silky. Really they are. But they might not suit you. I've got a LGU on loan and use it now and then, but prefer my HW's even though there not as smooth perhaps. They just fit my style/cycle in the shoulder.

• Like 1