5mm x50mmx500mm got the steel from indexa materials delivered to Cromwell tools only cost around £12

5mm x50mmx500mm got the steel from indexa materials delivered to Cromwell tools only cost around £12

thats crap no one uses it anymore its not 01 its a poor indian replica .i dont know why cromwells are selling it now there ground flatstock from saxons was much better steel
arh well in the bin it goes lol no point spending hours on a knife if it's shite

use it to practice on ;)

thats crap no one uses it anymore its not 01 its a poor indian replica .i dont know why cromwells are selling it now there ground flatstock from saxons was much better steel
arh well in the bin it goes lol no point spending hours on a knife if it's shite

use it to practice on ;)
yea suppose so ,, when you say it's crap do you mean won't hold edge ? Or ?

use it to practice on ;)
yea suppose so ,, when you say it's crap do you mean won't hold edge ? Or ?

its not 01 if you want 01 buy o1 .i went to cromwells last year and got a couple of pieces of that indexa .asked if it was 01 tool steel the kid behind the counter said well its comparable ok is it 01 or not ffs simple .then more silly bollox anyway i made a couple of blades heat treated it fine just struggled to get the finish on it like 012 itll do the job ,but i wont use it .i like the 80crv2 ,but these days i use more stainless steels than carbon steels so just how it is //

Cheers will use it for practice on .like say these are just fi me and my lad make couple blades for us ..will prolly lose them in couple weeks When out ferreting lol

you dont want 5mm ffs it aint an axe 3 or 4mm will be fine

I'll confess I do like a good thick blade on a knife .. love khukris with there 9.5 mm spines lol