Ground flat stock has most knife steel if not listed email them. https://www.groundflatstock.com/Shop/Engineering/CategoryID/14

Or 1095 spring steel here https://www.westyorkssteel.com/spring-steel/cs95/

Personally i just use old leaf spring it is generally 1095.

Griff

been to the scrap yards try get some leaf spring but they want to much for them for the quality cheers for the other recommendations tho griff

Just spoke to the lads at groundflat stock they said they don't do a 1095 but they do 8crv2 (1080+) any body made a knife out of this.. the price for is only a couple of pounds for the size I'm after..it will be used for making a throwing knife

Just spoke to the lads at groundflat stock they said they don't do a 1095 but they do 8crv2 (1080+) any body made a knife out of this.. the price for is only a couple of pounds for the size I'm after..it will be used for making a throwing knife

use it alot good steel very hard wearing tuff steel made by krupp.but i buy direct from germany its more like 5160 carbon steel but tuffer they say its 5160 on steroids

use it alot good steel very hard wearing tuff steel made by krupp.but i buy direct from germany its more like 5160 carbon steel but tuffer they say its 5160 on steroids
donyou recon it would be ok for a thrower or do you think it would be to hard ? Maybe 1045 ??

donyou recon it would be ok for a thrower or do you think it would be to hard ? Maybe 1045 ??

the steel you buy will be soft anealed steel so it will need heat treatement wether its 1095 .80crv2 ,012 or whqtever carbon steel it will need heat treating

Just ordered a length of 01 tool steel for now to make to knifes from for myself and my son using stock removal method

Won't be no works of art but will be better than him bashing on a computer for couple hour

5mm x50mmx500mm got the steel from indexa materials delivered to Cromwell tools only cost around £12

5mm x50mmx500mm got the steel from indexa materials delivered to Cromwell tools only cost around £12

thats crap no one uses it anymore its not 01 its a poor indian replica .i dont know why cromwells are selling it now there ground flatstock from saxons was much better steel

thats crap no one uses it anymore its not 01 its a poor indian replica .i dont know why cromwells are selling it now there ground flatstock from saxons was much better steel

arh well in the bin it goes lol no point spending hours on a knife if it's shite