How Many Rabbits Does A Fox Take

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do you reckon .......

A field full of lambs have only the ewe to protest their baby but two foxes can sort that out easily, especially if the poor ol' ewe is trying to protect a double. A pen full of chickens is a dream t

Seen plenty of foxes 'in action' after rabbits, when I've been setting traps in the burrows... When they strike a rabbit, they are incredibly fast,..usually the rabbit panics and just gets snapped u

Posted Images

as has already been said foxes deffinatly take new born lambs, seen it myself when i worked on a farm as a young lad. personally i dont think they have any noticable impact on rabbit numbers.

i know to a fox that got into a laying shed with 6000 hens he had got to have been in there at least all night by the time he was discovered. and the fecker never even killed a chicken why that was i will never know.

did he have egg on his face ?
  • Like 1

as has already been said foxes deffinatly take new born lambs, seen it myself when i worked on a farm as a young lad. personally i dont think they have any noticable impact on rabbit numbers.

i know to a fox that got into a laying shed with 6000 hens he had got to have been in there at least all night by the time he was discovered. and the fecker never even killed a chicken why that was i will never know.

no mate but he ended up with a lead ear ring.

After being in one of those sheds ,Probably didn't know where to start,

Wonder what their like changing light bulbs?

LOL

Seen plenty of foxes 'in action' after rabbits, when I've been setting traps in the burrows...

When they strike a rabbit, they are incredibly fast,..usually the rabbit panics and just gets snapped up, real quick...

It's amazing to watch... :yes:

However,..on a place with a lot of rabbits, I don't think foxes make much of a dent in the population.

I am always reminded of the old Poacher's saying,..." A Stoat kills a lot he doesn't eat and a Fox eats a lot, he doesn't kill"... :thumbs:

• Like 4