Stalking Dog Question

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a subject that generates opinions, from all corners, it is without doubt to me any dog you can steady to close heal work,will with little effort stalk, when I say this it needs to be space awa

Mine was 6 when she started so no reason yours shouldn't be able to. Teaching steadiness was hard and I'm still very aware of her behaviour as there's nothing she'd like more than to go back to the ol

try stitching together two leather greyhound leads, or get long line for schooling horses, fasten it to its collar and lay it out behind the dog as it walks, at heel if the dog slips past or goes too

Posted Images

Great post going on here , Have a read of Guy Wallace's books , when I was out in Caithness he had training dogs on a lead to his waists and never seemed to be an issue with pulling etc , also dogs under high seats would be steady and only move to wind direction .

I don't have a dog but love the thick as thieves relationship you have when working together .

ATB 

On 05/12/2017 at 09:31, Outback 1 said:

Great post going on here , Have a read of Guy Wallace's books , when I was out in Caithness he had training dogs on a lead to his waists and never seemed to be an issue with pulling etc , also dogs under high seats would be steady and only move to wind direction .

I don't have a dog but love the thick as thieves relationship you have when working together .

ATB 

I met guy Wallace back in the 90’s when he lived on the breakon beacons, decent bloke, knew his stuff,