Gwpx Pup

Genuine question, what does the pointer side of things bring to the party in a lurcher?

I have GSP and lurcher so I'm genuinely interested, one of my GSPs was a fox killer but I have to say you wouldn't want her style of dealing with foxes in a fox killing lurcher.

It f***ing ruined her if I'm honest, she turned into a very untrustworthy dog round stock, other dogs and strangers.

My GSPs nature suits a GSP but I personally wouldn't want any of those traits in my lurcher.

Be interesting to hear your thinking on the subject boys.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know few people were asking for a photo of the pups one the blokes off here bred I picked mine up Saturday and they are brilliant pups and have been brought on perfectly pups is a cracking little th

The bitch I had out of this litter is coming on great. Had around 40 rabbits and 5 rats and still just 8 months. She's going to be some great dog.

Mines around 26 and weights 30kg she’s a power house so far this season! Really pleased still a touch or maturing to do can get a bit yo yo on the hill runs back to me to check in the fucks off again

Posted Images

Genuine question, what does the pointer side of things bring to the party in a lurcher?

I have GSP and lurcher so I'm genuinely interested, one of my GSPs was a fox killer but I have to say you wouldn't want her style of dealing with foxes in a fox killing lurcher.

It f***ing ruined her if I'm honest, she turned into a very untrustworthy dog round stock, other dogs and strangers.

My GSPs nature suits a GSP but I personally wouldn't want any of those traits in my lurcher.

Be interesting to hear your thinking on the subject boys.

Are the gsp and the gwp the same dog temperamentally and physically just with a different jacket?

has most will now i bred the pups has for what the german wirehaired pointer brings to the cross i bred them because i lost my dog a first cross wirehaired x greyhound last september so wanted a replacement same he was a excellent dog hat what i used him for fox mainly would find any where he loved the open hill where he could free range the most biddable dog you could wish to have but when needed to could turn it on just what you want in any lurcher brains then you want a good nose stamina sound feet that can run on most terrain good coat and temprement my dog had all of that but he had a weakness some where in side . the one thing i will say with the first cross they have a stiff leg action when running thats why when i bred these pups i looked for the outcross to take it to the next stage by putting the 5/8 greyhound collie a cross the wire haired x greyhound bitch .I was more than happy with the turn out of the pups . the wire haired his a diffrent animal to the smooth and the imports are the ones to go for they take to it natural i have a pure wirehaired bitch here now only forteen months hunting foxs and grabbing them with a very high prey drive but i have to be down on her she his a diffrent animal to what my half cross was more boistruss but she his young sorry its gone on a bit but hope it answers a few of questions .

• Like 6

That's a belter of a welp and I would think going on the breeding will do well ,I know bolts would have matched the bitch well fa a sire to the welps and think just that quarter or even eight will put loads a quality on the Lurcher fa a daytime moucher real quality good luck with her atb bunnys.

• Like 1

has most will now i bred the pups has for what the german wirehaired pointer brings to the cross i bred them because i lost my dog a first cross wirehaired x greyhound last september so wanted a replacement same he was a excellent dog hat what i used him for fox mainly would find any where he loved the open hill where he could free range the most biddable dog you could wish to have but when needed to could turn it on just what you want in any lurcher brains then you want a good nose stamina sound feet that can run on most terrain good coat and temprement my dog had all of that but he had a weakness some where in side . the one thing i will say with the first cross they have a stiff leg action when running thats why when i bred these pups i looked for the outcross to take it to the next stage by putting the 5/8 greyhound collie a cross the wire haired x greyhound bitch .I was more than happy with the turn out of the pups . the wire haired his a diffrent animal to the smooth and the imports are the ones to go for they take to it natural i have a pure wirehaired bitch here now only forteen months hunting foxs and grabbing them with a very high prey drive but i have to be down on her she his a diffrent animal to what my half cross was more boistruss but she his young sorry its gone on a bit but hope it answers a few of questions .

Thanks mate, interesting post.

• 5 months later...

just a bit of a  up  date  on the  pups  they are  seven  months  old  now  i  still  have  three  here  a  dog  and  two  bitchs    the  dog  hat  the  moment  his  about  twenty  four  a  very  rangy  dog  they  seem  to  carry  a  lot  of  the  colly  gene  in  there  make  up  got  the  drive  of  the  pointer  they  are  very  agile  pups  and  very  bold  nothing  seems  to  phase  them  they  are  natural  jumpers  and  will  get  over  any  obsticles   that  get  in  there  way   they  are  very  biddable  pups  no  cover  seems  to  fase  them  the  two  bitchs  are  smaller  than  the  dog   but  they  are  about  23  at  the  moment  they  can  run  these  pups  guite  capable  of  catching  rabbitts  anywhere  and  take  fox  i  dont   think  that  they  will  be  out  and  hare  dogs  but  will  be  quite  capable  of  takeing  some  . RIGHT  I  WOULD  BE  WILLING  TO  LET  THE  ONE  BITCH  GO   she  his  a  lovey  bitch  she  his  black  and  white   speckle  marked  all  over  i  would  say  she  will  even  out  at  about  24 to 25  she  his  a  lovely  long  bodid   bitch  they  all  have  cracking  feet  are  a  very  natureall  working  instinct   this  pup  would  catch  rabbits  now  .  any  one  that  his  interested  in  this  cross  want  go  wrong  this  pup  will  only  going  to  the  right  person  so   dont  even  bother  to  contact  me  if  you  are  fully  comitted   and  some  one  who  sells  on  at  the  end  of  season  or  decided  you  havent  got  the  time  .  i am  letting  one  go  because  i  cant  put  all  the  time  in  to   the  three   nothing  wrong  this  pup the  person  that  does  have  her  will  be  more  than  pleased .thank you .

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 24/09/2017 at 17:20, Wales1234 said:

She's a little belter kept my misses up last night when I went lamping mind lol hopefully she's quiet for me tonight lol

Trouble is your know as a youngster who is a  bullshitter around S Wales who gives it the big licks and just sells  on your  shite every time it dont make grade , am i right ?  

Edited by Big Ron
4 hours ago, Big Ron said:

Trouble is your know as a youngster who is a  bullshitter around S Wales who gives it the big licks and just sells  on your  shite every time it dont make grade , am i right ?  

Love to know what dog iv sold on that hasn’t made the grade or dog iv sold on full stop 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Big Ron said:

Do you actually know this guy or just on the wind up?

• 3 months later...