Ppu's Or Hornday

£12.00 for 20 , I think you mean Sam , lol

Sam , I know what your saying , but with the range finder on the n870 , I'm trying to get it at 00/00 , it's not that easy

But I've nearly done it's just got to come over a bit more !

Atb

Lads

Sorry i was talking about loose bullets for reloading Kranks list them looked cheap never used them myself i load Sierras Barnes and some times Hornadays.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why zero with one and shoot with another? Why not just zero with what you shoot with? Or am I missing something?

You need to zero with exactly the same make, type and bullet as you intend to shoot, if that's factory then the same must be used. The whole point of zeroing is to 'tune' the scope to the barrel &am

Just use the ppu mate.

I've been zeroing the .223 with ppu's 55g , and then swapping to hornday 55g , for shooting

The BC I belive is the same but the grouping are different , not a lot , but enough to wonder if I should just stick to one make , or am I missing something

Atb

As others have said you zero with what you use, zeroing with one ammo and then changing to another is never going to work 100%.

If the PPU work then stick with them, otherwise whatever you favour.

In the field I use PPU SP in my .223, .243 and .308. They all give me 1" and thats just fine for me in the field. If I want to get a bit more serious/accurate for any reason I use Home Brews which come close to single hole groups!

:thumbs:

• Like 1

You'll be able to buy the bullets, if Hornady don't change the powder in their ammunition then you won't be able to buy it ready loaded.

Europe again sticking their fingers in, but as walshie says, Hornady will simply tweak the recipe!

• Like 1

You'll be able to buy the bullets, if Hornady don't change the powder in their ammunition then you won't be able to buy it ready loaded.

Europe again sticking their fingers in, but as walshie says, Hornady will simply tweak the recipe!

Hopefully with cheaper ingredients to bring the price down, If only eh!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I doubt hornady will tweak anything to suit europe the market simply isn't big enough. We are about to lose hodgdon powders amongst others thanks to the interfering eu.