Just Classic.

Had my eye on a decent sitty tree on one of my perm`s this last few days.

A strong flight line flies just above this tree, drawing in a decent head of wood pigeons after the crops have been cut.

If you remember, I built a permanent natural hide a few years back and regularly use it in the winter months also.

So, all set up in the natural hide, screen up, full leaf suit , primos shooting sticks and the old legendary FWB Sport 127 (.22 cal)/ Tasco 4x40 w/a and a range of 27 to 33yds max`. Real field craft required.

post-85710-0-82286400-1506179740.jpg

I took aim at a mark on the trunk of the tree and took a good 7 or 8 shots, the group was 5p tight but 1 inch left because of a right to left breeze.

I allowed for this and the next group was pin point accurate.

After 5 min`s the first pigeon landed and I nailed him with a perfect heart/ lung using Falcon Acc` Plus.

Another 5 min`s and the second pigeon landed and again just crumpled and fell breast up. I put Kaiser out for a double retrieve and we were set again.

post-85710-0-98501700-1506180318.jpg

post-85710-0-76187300-1506180415.jpg

Two almighty BOOM ! BOOM!, BOOM! BOOM ! :hunter::hunter: - oh no shotgunners !

I spent the next 2 hours hoping these lads would move on but no chance, they had stumbled on the flight path and the right time to be there.

I had no choice but to wrap up and go home sadly, the karma was lost and the countryside was on full alert :no: .

Here`s the accuracy and shot placement from this 1978 set up.

post-85710-0-27059300-1506180863.jpg

atb Mark.

• Like 12

That was about as close to a perfect session as you could have wished for pal just before they came and buggered it up but you got two perfect shots off in time.

They won't have bagged many due to the racket they made so plenty for another day.

Cracking shooting Mark?

• Like 1

Great write up, images and shooting Marko. Top notch. Much prefer Seeing those FWB's of yours than that damn 100 :D

Thanks Rez.

To be honest with you, I much prefer the challenge of shooting a springer although I have been shooting the 127 Sport mk1 for over 40 yrs, so I know how they handle.

Believe me, the FWB Sports 124 and 127`s are one of, if not still, the best all round spring rifles you can get. Highly sought after.

post-85710-0-46429500-1506195743.jpg

If I see another, I`ll probably buy it.

• Like 2