Brocock / Daystate

Read this last night from Antony wall (sfs)

Talking about HW110

We we sell an average 2-3 of them a week and no issues of any kind for ages now. I wouldn't stock them if they were lemons Rob. We've just knocked Brocock/Daystate on the head because of ongoing issues but PLEEEEASE don't get me going on that one!!! ????

I have been saying this for a long time

• Like 5

You have inded Mitch. And had you had received a decent rifle and service for your money, you wouldn't have said a bad word about them. I won't be buying another daystate PCP ever, and then there's Brocock....It's a funny thing how Tony Belas is the man behind the Directorial management of both those airgun companies at a time when the silly problems with these guns became an expectation! .... :hmm:

• Like 1

You have inded Mitch. And had you had received a decent rifle and service for your money, you wouldn't have said a bad word about them. I won't be buying another daystate PCP ever, and then there's Brocock....It's a funny thing how Tony Belas is the man behind the Directorial management of both those airgun companies at a time when the silly problems with these guns became an expectation! .... :hmm:

Trouble is people will still buy them , mainly because of all the hype they hear and read about daystate

I wouldn't buy another daystate, the last 4 I have known personally have all been crap and had issues, I owned one and that had mega issues, no thank you.

Still love my old huntsman regal though, that thing is the most darned accurate gun I've ever owned.

• Like 1

I'd have another Daystate - it'd have to be an older one though - I did like that Merlyn :yes:

I've had a .177 and a .22 Airwolf - neither gave me any problems and, they were both very accurate.

...... It's just that all of those electronics make them soulless - for me, they weren't fun to use.

They were like having a supermodel girlfriend that doesn't do BJs :yes:

I won't be running out to buy a Brocock any time - I've seen and heard of too many problems to be comfortable parting with my cash.

• Like 4

I'd have another Daystate - it'd have to be an older one though - I did like that Merlyn :yes:

I've had a .177 and a .22 Airwolf - neither gave me any problems and, they were both very accurate.

...... It's just that all of those electronics make them soulless - for me, they weren't fun to use.

They were like having a supermodel girlfriend that doesn't do BJs :yes:

I won't be running out to buy a Brocock any time - I've seen and heard of too many problems to be comfortable parting with my cash.

That merlyn was special mind Jon ;)

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

I'd have another Daystate Regal, but only if I was prepared to pay another £120 and a drive down to see Carl at Airtech to have a regulator made for it. I'm curious to see how it performs in .22. But I'm in no rush. I have a .22 Pro Sport and three Wiehrauch spring rifles that are all as accurate as my regulated .177 Daystate Regal PCP and that is an incredibly accurate rifle as it is now.

It's a serious matter for any business, when major stockist retail outlets for it, stop stocking the products because of too many unresolved quality-control issues. If I was running the company I would have a good hard look at what we are doing wrong and how we are doing it; and stop rushing batch-production out en-masse as if it was nothing, and return to making a beautiful rifle with care and concern for standards. And stop believing the bloody hype we've built around the rifles.

• Like 1

Sounds like manufacturing nowadays. Be it sofa's, car's, airguns or what ever! I work in the car industry welding chassis, axles, subframes etc and everything is measured by OEE and LOP..."overall equipment efficiency and "loss of production" Basically we have some shirt and tie twat with a stopwatch timing each machine saying it can do blah blah amount each hour which is OEE above. If OEE Isn't reached ( 85% minimum before any profit is made for the company ) then LOP I.e machine breakdowns etc needs explaining!

Always getting my arse kicked for OEE... Or lack of it! .. If I fcuk up, somebody's life could be in jeopardy!

You get the picture anyway lads.. seems like quantity comes before quality these days in manufacturing! Profit profit profit...

Sorry to bore you lads..atb

• Like 4