• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed Sean Frain's books on the Patterdale Terrier and Rat Hunting. I think you are being very unfair on his artistic ability, rumour is that all drawings for the book were subcontracted to Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder. My favourite is the terrier carrying the rat in the Rat hunting book. :haha: I am currently trying to track down the breeder of these terriers which appear to have no neck, stumpy and deformed legs :11: :11: :11: :haha:

Anything by that Frain chap. Top gear. :good:

:angry::angry: :sick: He is with out a doubt the worst writer ever :sick: :sick: :search: :search: :search:

not only is he a bad writer hes a fecking loser his dogs are shit

hes a pretencious two hat nor worthy of the name hunter

basicaly hes a wanker of the highest order and his dogs are shit

oh dear nurse pass me my pills ...................

yis fellman

got a "Read Country Books" leaflet. It has a few good books in it and am thinking of ordering them

Terriers For Sport by Peirce O'Connor

Working Terrier Their Mangment Training and Work etc by J.C Bristow-Noble

has anyone read thes and what did they think??

Get yourself on ebay mate, there's alway books on dogs at half the original price...

Go round the charity shops and car boot sales, you'd be surprised at what turns' up, when you've read em, put em on ebay... :good:

ps read any books on dog training, as every lil bit you learn adds up to better knowledge.. :) take it all with a pinch of salt, sort the wheat from the chaff, use what knowledge you gain to your own parameters....

got a "Read Country Books" leaflet. It has a few good books in it and am thinking of ordering them

Terriers For Sport by Peirce O'Connor

Working Terrier Their Management Training and Work etc by J.C Bristow-Noble

has anyone read these and what did they think??

This article is i believe in the reprint of Bristow-Nobles book but not in the original.

http://scm.pastfinders.org/scm_03_brock.htm

Reprints of the following are widely available and are quite interesting but i suspect you won't learn anything new.

100_0353.jpg

There is a book outside from italy ( but it´s also written in english) wich is O.k. !

a lot of picture´s :yahoo: and interviews ( B.Nuttal , E.Chapman,R.Cowen,R.Cloot

D.Harcomb,L.Oak´s ,...) !

It´s from Daniele Piacentini "Hard Workers: The real Terriers"

Guest Corkonian

Hugh Robards autobiography is well worth a read - all about hunt service in general.

Rod Adair has a few books out about mink and otter hound packs - not much reading but loads of great old pics.

Anyone know if Charles Parker ever wrote a book - or is their any book about him? Seen him out a fair few times but was in the pub with him during the summer - some character!