Dodgy Saluki Temperament.

most people that have problems with saluki blooded dogs don't understand there mentality and are therefore on the wrong wave length, while these dogs will perform most tasks training needs patience, and if you cant do the above get something else and avoid the headache .

• Like 2

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is such a naive statement.Ill defy the most gifted of folk that have spent a year or two in the game,especially those that have owned and honed Collie and Saluki infused runners,to state with hon

Its strange the lads I run Salukis with and my own dogs never give problems with recall or returning after a run this is not by luck or by accident ,many folk can keep lurchers not all folk have the s

Training Collars can be like life-saving scalpels, in the hands of skillful surgeons,..but in uneducated hands, they are worse than fecking useless,..nothing more than blunt tools. It is easy to domin

Posted Images

Its strange the lads I run Salukis with and my own dogs never give problems with recall or returning after a run this is not by luck or by accident ,many folk can keep lurchers not all folk have the skill or temperament to keep salukis.

So you are basically stating neither you nor your muckers have ever encountered a problem with the Saluki,s in the field,behave.

I have spent most of my life with Salukis I dont have a problem with them and have straightened many pures out that have been f****d up by so called dog men. If you cant cut it with them then dont get one simple really.

• Like 1

Its strange the lads I run Salukis with and my own dogs never give problems with recall or returning after a run this is not by luck or by accident ,many folk can keep lurchers not all folk have the skill or temperament to keep salukis.

So you are basically stating neither you nor your muckers have ever encountered a problem with the Saluki,s in the field,behave.

I have spent most of my life with Salukis I dont have a problem with them and have straightened many pures out that have been f****d up by so called dog men. If you cant cut it with them then dont get one simple really.

Right!!

Pass me your details, you're getting a free trip to Barca me old mucker :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Right!!

Pass me your details, you're getting a free trip to Barca me old mucker :laugh:

Tomo slotted you with yours mate im very patient with them not f***ing brain dead LOL

Edited by desertbred

Best thing for a saluki is one to the back of the head... Get a good un and some cnut will only pinch it anyway... To much money and jealousy involved with them imo. Would never have another, not so long as I got a hole in my arse. Atb dc

what a negative outlook Daniel Cain :laugh: I thought youd be one for a challenge lol,,,im after getting another of late ,but i wont be asking as much from my dogs as before, a bit of rambling ,a bit of whatever gets up and hope we have some fun....my 1st x is almost 9 years old now,and we had some fun over the years,,never pushed to the limit,but thats cause i dont have a limit,hes been a very obedient dog,caught plenty of everything and im not worried my new comers are all saluki saturated ,lets hope it all goes smoothly :icon_redface:

The death of any working dog is the introduction of friendliness, the further away you beeed from purpose , the more kinks you throw into the works

A well worked dog will align with its owner if he knows what's he's about, rearing right and working well promote social behaviour, it's how evolution works

most people that have problems with saluki blooded dogs don't understand there mentality and are therefore on the wrong wave length, while these dogs will perform most tasks training needs patience, and if you cant do the above get something else and avoid the headache .

Spot on.... :thumbs:

This is up and running and doing what it does very well, so I've been told

I'm just going to build a bond and give him a try. Hopefully be ok but he's well bred and performing well so we'll see

He ticks all the boxes for me though, so I'm quite excited as it goes

• Like 1

This is up and running and doing what it does very well, so I've been told

I'm just going to build a bond and give him a try. Hopefully be ok but he's well bred and performing well so we'll see

He ticks all the boxes for me though, so I'm quite excited as it goes

Good luck with him and fair play for giving him a second chance. I`m sure if you put enough gear in front of him you`ll reap the rewards.

I'll say this; patience has a finite limit. For everyone it's different and I don't mind admitting mine is coming to breaking point. I'm seriously considering a collar. For me to say that means in my head, I've failed. Nowt wrong with failing, it's continuing in the right manner and finding the solution that works ;)

I'll say this; patience has a finite limit. For everyone it's different and I don't mind admitting mine is coming to breaking point. I'm seriously considering a collar. For me to say that means in my head, I've failed. Nowt wrong with failing, it's continuing in the right manner and finding the solution that works ;)

You're softening up fella! Get those boots on and give the c**t a good kick in the napper every time it even looks like whining! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Ive got a dog whos mother is well bred coursing stuff when he winges and whines its a sign he needs abit of stick hunting. Start throwing some work at him i bet you see a difference.