Warning

I wouldn't poach other people's ground but I'd hold back on calling the police on others when they were poaching ground that I had permission on. How many lads can honestly say that everything they do is to the letter of the law. If your own house isn't in order it might just bite you on the arse when they come looking for payback.

I don't think many folks are saying you have to be a saint to defend what's yours or for that matter that if you are going to hop a fence and take what isn't yours then you can't stop anyone from taking what is yours. Simply, don't cook up some bullshit excuse why it's okay to poach, therefore 'stealing' from some other mans investment, and that it shouldn't be punishable. When anyone does poach, they know the risks and they can't complain if they get caught.

In FDs case, folks are allegedly f***ing up his sport that he has invested time and money in. The right to hunt those deer is his and is protected by British Law, just like a house, a car or wages.

Saying they're wild therefore they're not his is a logical fallacy!

In other situations the owner of the rights to kill/hunt (whatever it is that can legally be killed/hunted) on a patch of land may not give a toss for it and in that situation the effect of poaching them is less to that person. The law doesn't see it any differently of course but morally I think there is. If you're taking something no one has an interest in then who is the victim of the crime really?

If you want to poach, whether it's on the Sandringham Estate or on a completely deserted and unused old field then honestly good luck to ya, I'll not condemn ya for it off hand. But the Law is the Law and if ya get caught then take it because it's hard to argue poaching/sporting rights Laws are unjust without in the process arguing that all property Laws are unjust.

Permissions can come and go but your own 'patch' that you have perhaps worked a decade or lifetime towards getting can be quite an emotional experience. Money may or may not change hands but who's to say the fella who's patch that is has any more money than the man taking from him?

Edited by Born Hunter

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NOTHING will ever stop keen hunting men from freelancing.... Lads have been taking illicit game since early times,..those who seek to protect their interests, have tried many dark and devious ways t

Sorry mate had a cracking night though !!

Ffs it will be like a rave with the amount of lamps that's going to be flashing now you've posted that parkings going to be a bitch.

Posted Images

I wouldn't poach other people's ground but I'd hold back on calling the police on others when they were poaching ground that I had permission on. How many lads can honestly say that everything they do is to the letter of the law. If your own house isn't in order it might just bite you on the arse when they come looking for payback.

I don't think many folks are saying you have to be a saint to defend what's yours or for that matter that if you are going to hop a fence and take what isn't yours then you can't stop anyone from taking what is yours. Simply, don't cook up some bullshit excuse why it's okay to poach, therefore 'stealing' from some other mans investment, and that it shouldn't be punishable. When anyone does poach, they know the risks and they can't complain if they get caught.

In FDs case, folks are allegedly f***ing up his sport that he has invested time and money in. The right to hunt those deer is his and is protected by British Law, just like a house, a car or wages.

Saying they're wild therefore they're not his is a logical fallacy!

In other situations the owner of the rights to kill/hunt (whatever it is that can legally be killed/hunted) on a patch of land may not give a toss for it and in that situation the effect of poaching them is less to that person. The law doesn't see it any differently of course but morally I think there is. If you're taking something no one has an interest in then who is the victim of the crime really?

If you want to poach, whether it's on the Sandringham Estate or on a completely deserted and unused old field then honestly good luck to ya, I'll not condemn ya for it off hand. But the Law is the Law and if ya get caught then take it because it's hard to argue poaching/sporting rights Laws are unjust without in the process arguing that all property Laws are unjust.

Permissions can come and go but your own 'patch' that you have perhaps worked a decade or lifetime towards getting can be quite an emotional experience. Money may or may not change hands but who's to say the fella who's patch that is has any more money than the man taking from him?

I don't disagree at what they are doing is wrong and nor would I feel sorry for them or whinge if they were caught. I'm just making the point that i wouldn't be the one to make the phone call.

The deer may be in the next field on another day that isn't his permission so are they still his deer then. They come and go. I don't agree with leaving them lying around poaching or not. Maybe they were leaving it till the next day to pick up. No one knows the full story but what we do know is fox dropper is a dangerous man. If you need to contact him now he's changed his user name from fox dropper to copper ?

The deer may be in the next field on another day that isn't his permission so are they still his deer then. They come and go. I don't agree with leaving them lying around poaching or not. Maybe they were leaving it till the next day to pick up. No one knows the full story but what we do know is fox dropper is a dangerous man. If you need to contact him now he's changed his user name from fox dropper to copper

I thought he changed it to old bill Reynard.

Born I do like your level headed approach to things. Lol. But thank god round this neck of the woods a landowner are gun club members would never think of phoning the police on lads out having a shine even if they have the law on there side, it just doesn't happen. I've been lamping for over 25 years and been fecked off by a few farmers but police have never come into it. I know in foxdroppers case it might be different if twats are driving the land and leaving game lying where it falls, but in his case I would take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

• Like 1

I try to be level headed, lol. I think it's best all round if things can be dealt with satisfactorily without having to escalate matters. I'd hope we are all sportsman and reasonable.

Life ain't always that simple though. Folks on both sides can be responsible for making it that way.

• Like 2

Born I do like your level headed approach to things. Lol. But thank god round this neck of the woods a landowner are gun club members would never think of phoning the police on lads out having a shine even if they have the law on there side, it just doesn't happen. I've been lamping for over 25 years and been fecked off by a few farmers but police have never come into it. I know in foxdroppers case it might be different if twats are driving the land and leaving game lying where it falls, but in his case I would take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

It's a completely different attitude in Ireland mate, both in terms of landowners/clubs and the lads out doing a bit.

As you know, people don't make a big deal about much over here and people are mostly respectful of each other compared to England......that's just a fact.

Folk just ain't so savage on each other.......one of the top reasons I love it here.

There's some f***ing animals cutting about in England doing some amount of damage.....I don't even think the game they take really comes into it for most keepers or farmers.

• Like 5