Is The Hw 100 The " Perfect Gun" ?

Could HW improve the HW 100`s any, - I don`t think they can.

The HW 100 KT .177 ( in my opinion) is perfection.

When I go to the ranges my 100`s match all other rifles with ease and that includes all the top dollar field target rifles.

Maybe the adjustable laminate stock is an improvement on my standard stock but I find the stock fits well and she groups well ( for me).

post-85710-0-05712400-1505915138_thumb.jpg

Solid build quality, the magazine system is so, so, reliable you can never double load and the trigger is just superb.

I also use the HW 100 KS .22, that for me, is also perfect.

post-85710-0-55122900-1505915468_thumb.jpg

Maybe, which scope, to put on top of the HW 100`s is the only question left with these rifles ?

I use the old Mamba 4-16x50 ( bought from Viz, Sean, off here) to good effect.

post-85710-0-49228000-1505915761.jpg

Again, can they be improved,- no but which scope is the best, to go with arguably " the best rifle ?

• Like 5

Those adjustable laminate stocks are nice - not just because they look good, the adjustable butt plate and cheek piece halped me to get a perfect fit with mine :thumbs:

As for scopes, I reckon that's a personal thing but, for me, the Hawke Airmax Amx is best. It's a good all round day time scope and, it works really well with my NV add on.

• Like 1

For me Mark, I think the only thing needed to the thumbhole models is send them out with an unstained, walnut stock with some good oil to pop the grain. I know it's probably not cost effective but they really do seem to hide some lovely patterns with whatever they treat them with. That's if they are even made by them but they have the final say.

Just my humble opinion but otherwise I can't fault them at all?

• Like 2

Certainly sounds like a perfect rifle, the HW100. It certainly seems to put an enormous degree of precision marksmanship into the hands of any decent shooter. and the not-so skilful shot can at least rely on it to deliver lethal accuracy where other rifles might not :hmm:

I agree with you Matt about the level of finish on Wiehrauch stocks, be it beech or walnut, as they leave the factory. I don't think I've seen a treated and oiled Weihrauch stock that started out looking a real "Plain Jane", that didn't look less than really beautiful after the likes of Jimmy and Co with the know-how here have finished sanding, washing, rubbing, massaging and oiling them. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Could HW improve the HW 100`s any, - I don`t think they can.

The HW 100 KT .177 ( in my opinion) is perfection.

When I go to the ranges my 100`s match all other rifles with ease and that includes all the top dollar field target rifles.

Maybe the adjustable laminate stock is an improvement on my standard stock but I find the stock fits well and she groups well ( for me).

attachicon.gifIMG_0071.JPG

Solid build quality, the magazine system is so, so, reliable you can never double load and the trigger is just superb.

I also use the HW 100 KS .22, that for me, is also perfect.

attachicon.gifIMG_0069.JPG

Maybe, which scope, to put on top of the HW 100`s is the only question left with these rifles ?

I use the old Mamba 4-16x50 ( bought from Viz, Sean, off here) to good effect.

attachicon.gifIMG_0671.JPG

Again, can they be improved,- no but which scope is the best, to go with arguably " the best rifle ?

good scope choice! I still have 1 fitted to my airwolf !
  • Like 2

I think there shit :D

Cat among the pigeons.

There not. Course there not. But my old 100 didnt do anymore, regarding accuracy, reliability, usability and filling the game bag, than my rapid or HM does. In fact, I could propose my rapid at 20 years old is a better rifle. It's done what the 100's do, and it's done it for 10 years more.

In fact, pretty much 80% of all rapids have done. Give it another 10 years, and if the 100 is still performing... (as in the 1st gen ones, not the brand spank 2nd gen that literally EVERYONE has) then bang on... but then the rapid will STILL be 10 years ahead.

So no... the rapid is... after all... it's been around longer, but still holds it own with modern PCP's. ( in my opinion ) :)

• Like 1

I don't think it can be beaten for accuracy !! pellet on pellet, time after time, as a pest controller mine gets thrown in the van,it gets knocked, banged, dogs jumping on the case and yet each time it comes out the case its bang on, I had a rapid mk1 for years but I found the magazines temperamental and easily broke, occasionally I would double load and that was a pain, always seemed to happen at an awkward time, this cannot happen with the hw100, in my opinion mine could only be bettered is with a resin stock, I had lots of rifles when I bought this hw100 and after a couple of weeks of using it I went home and got them all and took them in to my local gunshop, this is the supreme air gun for me !!!!.....WM

• Like 2

I don't think it can be beaten for accuracy !! pellet on pellet, time after time, as a pest controller mine gets thrown in the van,it gets knocked, banged, dogs jumping on the case and yet each time it comes out the case its bang on, I had a rapid mk1 for years but I found the magazines temperamental and easily broke, occasionally I would double load and that was a pain, always seemed to happen at an awkward time, this cannot happen with the hw100, in my opinion mine could only be bettered is with a resin stock, I had lots of rifles when I bought this hw100 and after a couple of weeks of using it I went home and got them all and took them in to my local gunshop, this is the supreme air gun for me !!!!.....WM

Hope it doesn't have a problem then Pluck... or you'll have to find a new favourite :D

Gotta say I love my HW100KT (.177) too, the only thing I would change would be my stock, I want a bigger palm swell/hand grip and set a little further back from the trigger ! other than that no issues at all, love it. Bangs out JSB Heavies accurately and very well all day long and does everything I ask of it !

So 2018 may see me get a custom stock for it, just gotta decide who to use next and get a price. Am in no rush so I can take my time and get it right.

ATB

Matt

• Like 1

Mitch, my shooting buddy just had his HW101 worked on by Phil @ The Ratworks. Main things though are his cylinder mod and a tench reg in it.

He also has a HW100kt for hunting that has an A&M cylinder on it so we will see how they both fair.

My HW100kt has A&M Cylinder and Silencer on that am very happy with.

The final touch will be a stock that suits my hand size.

ATB

Matt